Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telnet for DOS? Any Allen Bradley experts here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telnet for DOS? Any Allen Bradley experts here?

Long story made short: I got a CLI based program for DOS called ABSHELL, which is an interface for the ancient Allen Bradley PLC-2 terminal. The terminal is used to control big ass plastic mold injection machines at a plant.

Anyway, its DOS based, however it needs to be run under W98 so that an engineer located across the country can remotely administer it via PCAnywhere. However the program locks up under Win98, complaining about not enough Conventional Memory, display issues etc. I've tried just about EVERYTHING and so far no go. Playing around with config.sys, autobat etc.

However it was suggested to me that I use Telnet, and I think thats a great idea. But there be a prob: I dont know how to set one up for Dos. Im not a telnet expert by any means, all I know how to do is mysql backups, navigate directories and run the top and uptime and uname commands, on a linux boxen that is. Im a spoiled GUI nerd.

Anyone know of a great, reliable and easy to use Telnet program for DOS? So far Im not sure where to look or what to check out. Thanks!
    forums: pcfx.cc
    gallery: here
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X