Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of a partner

Hi,

Me and my two friends are wanting to start a marvel-boards v-bulliten boards. We already have a site but we need someone who is willing to buy and download the v-bulliten, we had someone but they were unable to do it for a long while! We already have a domain. I have been an admin of a board and know everything there is needed to know and my two friends know most of the things- they have both been moderators of boards! It is all about marvel comics.

We know that they would come out well, we have many people already visiting our site, which is marvel-boards.

Is anyone interested?

~lockheed~

And..

what's in it for the person who spends the $$ for you to run a board?

Where would it be hosted?

TomK

Comment

well they would be apart of tha admin team if they choose and get known for their work! We know marvel-boards will do well because many people are askin us when its gonna be up soooo. its up to the person...

Comment

and..

and where is the server to be hosted? what sort of connection?

Comment

Hello... the other 'Friend' here... the boards main page is taking shape at www.marvel-boards.com and as lockheed says we would like someone to purchase the Vb liscence for us...

The page is currently hosted by our previous partner who is still interested but cannot for personal reasons deliver at this point in time, he runs his own set of boards on the same web space and that is all the info I can give you at the moment

Comment

It's hosted by www.pwebtech.com. Guys, your site looks good. Frankly, without some kind of promise of income, I doubt you're going to find someone who is going to back your boards. Why not just save up for a year's license? Surely between the two of you you can come up with $85 for a leased license which will give you a full year to come up with the cash for a full license.

Comment

Yeah I agree with Susan. If the only benefit is getting to be an admin, they can just do that on their own. Remember its their forum license right? My suggestion is to perhaps ask these people who are asking when it will open for donations. Couple bucks here and there and they can get special rights on the forums others won't have.

Just an idea though.

Comment

Well, I"m starting an entire production company and going to get people such as this on it (People that have an idea for a site, but no money to do it/no server/etc) and let them design sites and run a forum. However, the sites will be hosted on my server and I will own the site, not just be an admin Also, I will sale advertising space on it and all that stuff. Letting someone be an admin isn't much, so you may want to think that over.
                Jason Miller
                http://www.GMPerformanceTuning.com
                http://projecthillside.com
                http://weekendoasis.net
                http://jamz.net

Comment

Try using a free board first. There are plenty of good free ones out there that you can try. www.phpbb.com is one of them (probably the best).

Once you get a good user base, tell them that you would really like to expand the boards potential and ask them for 1 dollar apiece. All you need is 160 bucks (at the most) and you got yourself a badass board.

-Vic

Comment

Originally posted by Susan
                    It's hosted by www.pwebtech.com. Guys, your site looks good. Frankly, without some kind of promise of income, I doubt you're going to find someone who is going to back your boards. Why not just save up for a year's license? Surely between the two of you you can come up with $85 for a leased license which will give you a full year to come up with the cash for a full license.
                    i agree. cmon, i'm 16 and ALONE i bought the license...among too people it should be easy

if ur so desperate to get it up why don't you just use ezboards.com or whatever?

Comment

Quite a pickle, I would just like start a carwash, or go trick your grandmother, or something. Yeah thats it, granny is always willing to give up 85 big ones

the new phpbb is certainly liveable until you can afford vb, and its better than nothing. Eventually you can make enough money to get vb, and we will all have a party and sing and be merry.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X