Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam Is this allowed?

Hi everyone

Just curious to know how far someone can push the mark here. There has been a new form of spamming going on now. This type of spamming consists of a new members registering with other parrot forums, advertising their new forum, retrieving members email addresses and emailing these people. Where they can't retrieve an email address they will PM members. This is happening in many many forums now & some people are getting very angry, from administrators to members being sent email addresses. The main 'culprit' at the moment is a vBulletin user & has a vBulletin forum.

Would just like to know some feedback on this if anyone has any?

Cheers everyone.

There are plenty of options and settings in vBulletin software to prevent most of what you just described. Once that has been done, the next step would be to make a short set of behavioral rules and enforce them.
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Thank you but it is not happening in vBulletin forums. It is a vBulletin Forum admin that is doing this in various other forums.

What I was wondering is if this person can get away with it, are their anything in ToS about this?? Or is it up to the rest of us to keep people like her from doing this? It's absolutely ridiculous what she is doing & she has created quite a few enemies now.

Comment

This is not a vBulletin problem, it is a membership problem. It will have to be addresed by the administration of the forums in question.

Jim
        If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
        www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Thank you, I will tell them

Comment

Working...
          X