Peoplelink Chat !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peoplelink Chat !!!

Is anyone aware of how to obtain this chat application? I visited the official web site peoplelink.com and I've e-mailed them three times and have attempted to call the number on the site.

Does anyone use this chat application and how did you go about getting it?

Thanks!

Tara

That's not a good sign if they don't even bother returning emails or calls. You should look around for other alternatives just so you can have more choices.
    Well, there it is.
    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

I agree, but I really like the chat room. Major corporations like Oracle, CBS, and MTV use this particular chat application.

Here's an example of CBS': http://plnk.peoplelink.com/echat/survivor3_1/index.htm

Comment

By the looks of it, I don't think this chat application is "downloadable" per se - these people are the ones who will host your chatrooms and/or message boards, for a monthly or annual fee ... the fact that they don't announce their prices on their site (and also by looking at their clientele) leads me to believe that this chat solution is only for those who can "really" afford it...
        OPEN TECH SUPPORT
        "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Tara, I just went to that site and the chat... well there are better ones.

Try this one:
          http://meeting.eshare.com/eshare/server?action=4

Was gonna get it a while back but just never got around to it.
          Well, there it is.
          - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

That's kind of nice, Skeptical. I may look into that one.

And you truly do have the ugliest signature that I've ever seen.

Comment

Well, I've come to the conclusion that a corporation that doesn't respond to your e-mails and/or phone calls, is really not the business I want to deal with.

Even though I really, really, want that chat application ...

I'll check out the prices of the one you listed, Skeptical.
              Last edited by Tara; Thu 24 Jan '02, 1:39am.

Comment

Check this out! I went to the peoplelink.com site and found approximately five e-mail addresses that I could write to and express my concerns and interests in their chat application.

Well, one of the employees wrote me back, but he also sent an e-mail to the other people I had addressed, but accidently sent it to me as well and it read:

*Names have been changed to protect the GUILTY*

"For all of us that received this e-mail, I'll respond. Don't know who she could have e-mailed previously cause I receive all the infoweb e-mails and I've been checking Becky, Tom, and Katie's e-mails and have not gotten this request before. Sounds fishy to me -- no company name, company number, aol e-mail account and only personal contact numbers."

I was so angry when I read that last night. At least I have his contact number now and I will let him know in a very polite way that I don't appreciate the way they treat potential clients. I don't care if I'm a bum off the street or Bill Gates. We all should receive the same respect. All I asked for was information, but I guess they don't deal with the "little" people.

Hmph!

Tara

Comment

Looks like a small company that's not too professional. Look elsewhere. there are lots of other chat applications around.
                  Well, there it is.
                  - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Tara,

Another chat application you may want to look at is digiChat

Comment

chat applications ...

I know this may be the wrong forum or even the wrong board, but I assume that there maybe someone that may point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a high quality chat application for my web site. Initially I was looking at peoplelink.com, but they charge $50,000.

I want a chat room that I can customize with back grounds, fonts, and with as little pop-up adds as possible.

Here's a screenshot of one of peoplelink.com's chat rooms:

Thanks for your help!

Tara

Comment

$50,000?!?! I think the peoplelink guys are stuck in the pre-dotbomb days lol.
                        Well, there it is.
                        - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                          $50,000?!?! I think the peoplelink guys are stuck in the pre-dotbomb days lol.
                          Those were my exact thoughts!!!

I'm still searching for something nice, stable, professional, and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara
                            I'm still searching for something nice, stable, professional, and cheap.
                            Why don't you use IRC and a Java applet front-end... like www.jpilot.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X