Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George L
    replied
    well i have only ever been down due to mysql problems lately... i ring rackspace up and tell them my site is down and i can't restart my server, and within minutes it's back up with a reboot..

thanks to alot of mysql tweaking my forums are looking good again

Leave a comment:

• jamesglewisf
    replied
    The thing that is interesting to me is that the hosts almost never take their own sites down for six hours while they do a server change.

Leave a comment:

• steven
    replied
    phew, I'm back up again, wow that was a long time, almost 6 hours on a shared server. One positive note though, Tera-Byte provided me with excellent customer support in that they kept me informed the whole time.

Steven

Leave a comment:

• JimF
    replied
    Due to systems failure, the longest my (shared) server has been about 15 minutes. They re-located the NOC a few weeks ago, so my site was down for about 12 hours; which is fully acceptable considering the upgrade in facilities. Plus they warned us a few weeks ahead of time, as well as doing all sorts of things to make the down-time easier.

-jim

Leave a comment:

• steven
    replied
    Tera-byte I'm on a cobalt Raq 4 server
    Just a quick little poll, but how long is the longest your website has been down?

[Edited by steven on 10-05-2000 at 12:01 AM]

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    that's not good, who's the host ?

Leave a comment:

• steven
    started a topic This sucks

This sucks

When I got home today, I noticied that my site was down, called my host and their updating the servers hard drive. How long can this take?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X