This sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sucks

When I got home today, I noticied that my site was down, called my host and their updating the servers hard drive. How long can this take?

that's not good, who's the host ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Tera-byte I'm on a cobalt Raq 4 server
      Just a quick little poll, but how long is the longest your website has been down?

[Edited by steven on 10-05-2000 at 12:01 AM]

Comment

Due to systems failure, the longest my (shared) server has been about 15 minutes. They re-located the NOC a few weeks ago, so my site was down for about 12 hours; which is fully acceptable considering the upgrade in facilities. Plus they warned us a few weeks ahead of time, as well as doing all sorts of things to make the down-time easier.

-jim

Comment

phew, I'm back up again, wow that was a long time, almost 6 hours on a shared server. One positive note though, Tera-Byte provided me with excellent customer support in that they kept me informed the whole time.

Steven

Comment

The thing that is interesting to me is that the hosts almost never take their own sites down for six hours while they do a server change.
            Jim Lewis
            FrappyDoo! Forums
            MarriedAdults.com
            Hosting Matters (My Host)

Comment

well i have only ever been down due to mysql problems lately... i ring rackspace up and tell them my site is down and i can't restart my server, and within minutes it's back up with a reboot..

thanks to alot of mysql tweaking my forums are looking good again
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X