talk about a turnoff

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Unfortunately, money's always an object LOL

Leave a comment:

• Dave#
    replied
    Do you know if the Quicktime server mentioned uses RAM as well?
    I don't if I'm honest. Ive never used it. Ive heard good things about it in terms of ease of use <server end> and quality of streams but I am put off by the need for quicktime to stream (which is worse than RealPlayer IVHO)

If money was no object

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...s/services.asp

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Thanks for the input Dave, it's really appreciated I'm not too knowledgeable about these things - content's my area LOL

Do you know if the Quicktime server mentioned uses RAM as well?

All still in the planning stages of course If I can get some labels to front up some fees as I plan, then it might all go smoothly for once

Leave a comment:

• Dave#
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkB
    Do you mean a machine in addition my dedicated server? Does a stream server put that much pressure on a machine?

I'm planning on getting a rackshack server for this, but that's to be budgetted (and financed ), so I was initially planning on hosting it on my server... wrong idea?
    A rackshack server would be ideal for a streaming server IMVHO loads of bandwidth etc:

The reason that I would place the realserver on it's own physical machine is that you will have much more control over the install, open ports, throttling etc etc. Realserver also uses a load of resources <RAM> and used to (maybe still does) have a tendancy to hang on occassion prolly tying up the server.

I'll be intrested to hear how you get on

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Do you mean a machine in addition my dedicated server? Does a stream server put that much pressure on a machine?

I'm planning on getting a rackshack server for this, but that's to be budgetted (and financed ), so I was initially planning on hosting it on my server... wrong idea?

Leave a comment:

• Dave#
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkB
    Still interested in anyone's experience with either of the two products linked above.
    My only advice is to run your streaming product on a dedicated box rather than your webserver for obvious reasons

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Still interested in anyone's experience with either of the two products linked above.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Ah.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=37858

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied

Leave a comment: