• Show
Clear All

• Piracy?

OK this soooo anoys me, this one site xxxxx.com has a forum xxxxxxxxxxxx
    which dosn't contain a VB disclamer
    God only knows if that is a legit one, heh

and now they set up another one on there site
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and I know for a fact that, that one is not legit!!!!

I sent in a couple of emails, a month or 2 ago, to the right person, yet nothing hapens,

Heck why buy Vbulletion when you can simpily donwload the newesit version and not get in trouble!

You guys need to crack down on this more! This is a terrible issue, I could easily give you 5 or 6 more sites, which don't contain a Legit VB, but why bother, heh

[Edited by Steve to remove URLs] [Just removing one more...]
    Last edited by Chen; Mon 21st Jan '02, 2:33am.

Thanks for reporting this, but the proper way to do this is to send an email to [email protected]. Jelsoft does not discuss the status of these investigations but will take appropriate action when piracy is discovered.

I have forwarded your note to the proper people.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Supprisingly it takes a lot to "crack down" on sites like that, expecially with so many of them.
      Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

There is always someone going to pirate, I mean its bound to happen. As a webhost and a proud supporter of vbulletin, I do check each vb license, and I check to be sure the call home feature is still in tact.

Comment

The "call home" feature?

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
          There is always someone going to pirate, I mean its bound to happen. As a webhost and a proud supporter of vbulletin, I do check each vb license, and I check to be sure the call home feature is still in tact.

Comment

See tubedogg's post in this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...181#post237181

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well I hope they do! do something bout it, as I said I have sent in an email before, and nothing had happened!!! GRRRRRrr

Just make makes mad, for those of us who follow the rules!!

well good luck VB!

O and errr, why did you take out the url??
              Last edited by mesa; Mon 21st Jan '02, 8:01am.

Comment

It is our polcy to remove the URLs of alleged pirate sites in publically posted messages since their pirate status hasn't been confirmed yet.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thank you for the pointer.

Dale

Originally posted by smachol
                  See tubedogg's post in this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...181#post237181

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X