Advertisement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertisement

This is my question. I have a website, that I put together on my spare time, and I want to advertise. I am poor (in college) but I think it is a great idea and I want everyone to participate. The only problem is that I cannot find ways to get it out into the world without spending a butt-load of money!! Little frustrating is the understatement. Does anyone have ideas, tips?? Let me know please!??!?! Those of you with TONS of registered members, how did you do it???

HELP!!
    Last edited by Jades976; Sat 19 Jan '02, 6:32pm.

Be active at several large message boards and if allowed put a link to your site in your signature.

Ditto for your signature on usenet.

Use free search engine submission tools and work hard on your content/meta tags to get reasonably high rankings for related keywords.

Trade links with other sites who have similar or related content and high search engine rankings. (this will help with your own rankings in the search engines with a lot of them.)

Go to www.sitepoint.com and check out their tutorials and suggestions for getting traffic to your site on a budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan
      Use free search engine submission tools and work hard on your content/meta tags to get reasonably high rankings for related keywords.

Don't!. You'll be swimming in spam before you know it. Submit to each seach engine individually.
      Motorsport Forums

Comment

Interesting, Mark. I never have that problem. Then again I use one of the tools suggested by sitepoint and always sign up for those things using a spam account that deletes spam automatically.

Comment

ok.......so will i have probs with spam, or no?? Plus i heard that i can write my own meta tags. Is that right?? if so how do i do it??

Charles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X