ISP recommendation in Phoenix, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP recommendation in Phoenix, AZ

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Internet Provider in Phoenix Arizona? I just set my Mom up with a computer and AOL, thinking that AOL would be an easy service for her to learn and use. What a mistake that was! Why in the hell is AOL so complicated - particularly it's incomprehensible email functions?

Anyway I'd just like to find a simple and reliable ISP that I can set up my Mom with. Any recommendation would be appreciated.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

it gets HOT down there. one time i flew over phoenix in an airplane on my way somewhere. i looked down on phoenix and like 99% of the backyards had swiming pools.

Comment

Yeah it sure does get hot. I grew up here and know exactly what it's like. Unfortunately my house is among the 1% without a swimming pool!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

one suggestion; http://www.goingplatinum.com I've been using it since october 25th 2000(using it now too...)

Comment

Thanks, but I'm looking for a traditional ISP. I'm not quite sure what that link is.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve, honestly, I set my Mom up with a traditional ISP 2 years ago and it was nothing but a headache. She couldn't comprehend outlook express at all. I zapped her on to AOL and she's been set ever since. I'll see if I can't dig out the "How To" manual I made for her and printed out...I think I saved it around here somewhere...

PS see if you can't get ahold of a copy of AOL 4.0...it's easier than 5, 6 or 7

Comment

Thanks Susan. I think the problem may be AOL 7.0. I'm very computer literate myself and frankly that piece of, uh 'software', is a mess.

My wife is a computerphobe and she has absolutely no problems with Outlook Express and IE so all I really need is a basic Internet connection. Once I have that, I'll set OE and IE up for my Mom. I've never had any serious problems setting these up with any ISP.

The problem is I've just moved back to the Phoenix area and I don't know who the good, reliable ISPs are. Everyone I know (including me) has high-speed cable.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Welcome to Arizona! I live in Paradise Valley

Comment

Originally posted by Myriad
                  Welcome to Arizona! I live in Paradise Valley
                  Hi Myriad! We're in Glendale near 75th Ave and the 101. Maybe when things settle down a bit we can have a meeting of all the vBers in the Phoenix area.

P.S. Any recommendations on ISPs?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                    Hi Myriad! We're in Glendale near 75th Ave and the 101. Maybe when things settle down a bit we can have a meeting of all the vBers in the Phoenix area.
                    wouldn't that be interesting? I live in the Phoenix Area myself(If you know where Barry Goldwater High School is, I live right next to it, not too familiar with the general area because I just moved here...)

By The Way...That link was to a free ISP(the one I gave you) It's still in it's pre-launch stages, but it's got 500,000 members already...10,000 of which get a special pre-launch package if they pay a little bit of money(I just happen to be one of those 10,000 people) If you look through the info on the site, it's actually a pretty good ISP, and will be even better come launch time.(just a clarification)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X