X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nulled vB legal for testing?

Hey,

I am wondering if using a nulled vBulletin would be illegal if it was installed on my localhost where I (and only me) would test it, its features, how it works, etc.

Thanks,

It would not be legal, no.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      It would not be legal, no.
      That is just ridiculous, don't get me wrong I am all for supporting the authors, supporters, designers, etc but if its for testing purposes before you buy it, that is just ridiculous. It means you have to pay $$$ just to demo it under your own conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by ccalby View Post
        That is just ridiculous, don't get me wrong I am all for supporting the authors, supporters, designers, etc but if its for testing purposes before you buy it, that is just ridiculous. It means you have to pay $$$ just to demo it under your own conditions.
        There is a free admin demo available on this site:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php

Beyond that, if you wish to use the software, you need to pay for it.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Let me reiterate that you cannot use any copy of vB without having a valid license for it. As Mark said, there is a demo available.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            Let me reiterate that you cannot use any copy of vB without having a valid license for it. As Mark said, there is a demo available.
            That is true, but you cannot see how it reacts and performs under your server conditions. So basically pay $195 for a licence you may not even need just to test it.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I am all for supporting the authors and people that make a script, but for testing things, I think that is a bit 'Harsh'

Comment

If you want to see if your server supports vB4, you can run the test script @ http://www.vbulletin.com/download.php

Note to staff: there is no link in the home page of vb.com going to download.php to have this test script (support.php don't have any link to the test script archive).

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X