• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dev Exiles
    replied
    Originally posted by traen View Post
    Have you looked at hootsuite?
    HootSuite is very close.

I just wish that when you click on a tab, it would automatically select the appropriate Twitter (etc.) account(s) that are associated with that tab. When I'm looking at brand A's columns, I don't want to have to think about whether I'm going to be posting to brand B's accounts.

And I don't have a good reason for it, but I think I'd prefer a desktop client. But that doesn't matter much. I could just put it in a relatively unused browser and think of it as my Twitter client.

Leave a comment:

• traen
    replied
    Have you looked at hootsuite?

Leave a comment:

• Dev Exiles
    replied
    There are 2 main reasons I don't think TweetDeck is sufficient.

1) Visual space. I want to see all the relevant stuff about each brand at once, without being distracted by stuff about another brand. That means about 3-5 columns per brand. For my busier brand, I have columns up for mentions, 2 lists, a keyword search, and DMs, and that takes up pretty much all of the screen.

2) Separation of brands. I started trying to manage just 2 brands on TweetDeck, but the second time I accidentally posted to the wrong account, I switched one to Seesmic. I definitely appreciate being able to post to multiple accounts at the same time, but if I mess it up that easily when I have 2, I can't imagine how many times I would if I had several brands to manage.

The workaround of using both TweetDeck and Seesmic solves these problems. When I want to see brand A's stuff, I go to TweetDeck, and when I want to see brand B's stuff I go to Seesmic. I'd rather be able to run multiple instances of TweetDeck simultaneously, but even that would be a workaround.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    How does TweetDeck not get the job done?

Leave a comment:

• Dev Exiles
    started a topic Multiple brand Twitter client?

Multiple brand Twitter client?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Twitter client that could easily manage multiple brands.

Most make it possible to manage multiple Twitter accounts, but that's only part of what I'm looking for. What I'm imagining is one page full of columns dedicated to Brand A and another page full of completely different columns dedicated to Brand B, and so on.

Currently I'm using TweetDeck for one brand and Seesmic for another. Thinking about adding another to the list makes me think that there must be a client I just don't know about.

Is there? Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X