This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOTP! [serious]

So the other thread was closed before any real questions were answered.

I have some for you.

FOTP was hacked and deleted by another forum. Is there ANY way you guys could recover it?

I mean if you can't do anything about it, what's the point of having a support system? You guys are the host, please try to recover FOTP.

And please don't say something really bull****ty and close the thread. It solves nothing.

More info on the situation: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ead!?p=2137045

vBulletin is NOT the host. They are the software writers, that is all. There is nothing they can do.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Which part of "This has nothing to do with vBulletin" did you miss.

IB/VBS are not your hosts, nor is one forum hacking another any of their business.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
        Which part of "This has nothing to do with vBulletin" did you miss.

IB/VBS are not your hosts, nor is one forum hacking another any of their business.
        Did they say it wasn't the host? No they said we needed to sue or some ****. I only wanted to know if they could restore the site

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          vBulletin is NOT the host. They are the software writers, that is all. There is nothing they can do.
          okay, thank you. Finally actual answers

Comment

Originally posted by kitteh View Post
            okay, thank you. Finally actual answers
            The owner of the hacked site should contact their hosts, whoever that is, and see if they have a backup. They also need to talk about security and how the hackers got in.

Beyond that, for dealing with the actual hackers it's a law enforcement issue.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              The owner of the hacked site should contact their hosts, whoever that is, and see if they have a backup. They also need to talk about security and how the hackers got in.

Beyond that, for dealing with the actual hackers it's a law enforcement issue.
              Okay, thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X