Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nominations are open for vB Board of the Month - February!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Firefly,

Probably so, but that simply enhances my point. Don't keep repeating the same message over and over again. When there is an option for people to not see a signature, don't rely on people being able to see the sig, and don't constantly point people to your sig. It is not effective as is proven by the multitple times Steve posted that same message.

At some point he should have sent a private message to the user in question or include the link within the message body.

Dale

Originally posted by FireFly

Dale,

Perhaps you have "Show user's signatures in their posts?" turn off in your user options?

Comment

• German Martial Arts Community {in german: Kampfkunst Board}

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBear
        It is not effective as is proven by the multitple times Steve posted that same message.
        Thanks for bringing this issue up. I honestly never thought about the situation in which someone has signatures turned off. In fact, you're the first person that's ever has ever said this. However you are mistaken on one fact. I checked the original templates and 'yes' is the default choice for 'show signatures'.

As for it not being effective, I have to respectfully disagree. It's not only my job to ensure that only licensed members get support and (in this case) recognition in these forums, it's actually been very effective in stopping software pirates from seeking and getting help here.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• *crosses fingers*

Forums; Final Fantasy Republic Forums
          Home Page: http://www.ffrepublic.com
          Last edited by afterlab; Mon 21st Jan '02, 7:04am.
          Founder of Gamertag Nation
          Gamertag Nation lets you effortlessly keep a record of what you play and achieve on Xbox Live. Are you ready for a better gaming experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkyre
            You mean how to make it fade all links automatically? Open up the JS script in notepade and edit it. Some setting like "autofade=false" should be truned to autofade=true", any more questions?
            no, there are comments in the fade.js about mac compatibility and name attributes.

Comment

• Ooo. I haven't downloaded the mac compatibility version yet, so I can't really help you out there. Sorry
              Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBear
                Sorry, but when a default option is turned off, don't blame the user for the setup of the board.
                No, the default option is ON ... maybe you "disabled" it and forgot about it?
                Originally posted by TheBear
                so please don't tell me what level of effort I have put forth, you are not in a postion to make that judgement.
                Neither are you in a position to imply that someone is pointing out an "invisible" signature, when you could have checked your options to see if signatures are being displayed (you DO know that vbulletin has a signature feature, right? If so, didn't you notice anything "missing" in all the posts you read?)

It was not Steve's fault on why you didn't see the signatures, it was yours. Deal with it.

p.s. And don't forget to click on the link in Steve's signature and fill out the info ... you DO see it now, right?
                OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

• Before we get too far off-track again, let's keep all posts on topic - Nominations for vB Board of the Month for February!
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• I nominate my site
                    RingQuest Forums
                    RingQuest - Homepage

Comment

• I vote for http://www.macsubculture.com/forum

Comment

• Hi there,

I'd like to second nominations for RingQuest Forums and Macsubculture Forums,

cu,
                        -Tom
                        http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
                        German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

• the actual voting is open now.

see: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=38754

Comment

• I see a lot of boards with the ring forums interface where there is moderators drop down menu and such. what kind of hack is this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X