Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nominations are open for vB Board of the Month - February!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I second Asendin's forums
    He's a cool dude

Comment

• I eleventh MacSubCulture

Comment

• I nominate www.topboard.net

Please have a look and give your voice for a second...

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by orozery
          I second Asendin's forums
          He's a cool dude
          thanks

http://www.asendtechnologies.com - portal

http://www.asendtechnologies.com/vb/index.php -vB
          Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Fri 18th Jan '02, 5:35am.
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Originally posted by Bane
            I really don't see the purpose in getting petty over such things. Maybe you guys can let it rest? Or make fun of me instead

On a related note (voting, not making fun) since Valks forum has been seconded and thirded I would like to throw in a vote for

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/

I love the look of his new forumhome and he has a nice site going there.
            I second this forum.

Comment

• Hooray!

Comment

• hey valk. do you know...

in the fader thing i need mac compatibility so i have to give my links names it says. is it talking about a name attribute in the <a> tag? like... <a href="url" name="name">?

Comment

• You mean how to make it fade all links automatically? Open up the JS script in notepade and edit it. Some setting like "autofade=false" should be truned to autofade=true", any more questions?
                  Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

• Steve,

With all due respect, there isnät a signature on your posts. So how the heck could someone possibly follow the links there?

don't you think it would be better to actually include the link you want someone to follow instead of constantly repeating yourself?

I mean, it doesn't look all that great on you to keep referring to something that isn't there.

Regards,

Dale

Originally posted by smachol
                    Ziggywag,

Very nice looking forum!

Could you do me a favor please and follow the instructions in the last line of my sig to show that you're a licensed customer? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBear
                      With all due respect, there isnät a signature on your posts. So how the heck could someone possibly follow the links there?
                      I see a signature on his posts

Comment

• I don't think the nominations should really be limited to forums that are integrated into a site - there are a lot of sites that are just standalone forums
                        Well, my board used to have a site (www.swfans.net, obviously), but that's been down for quite some time now and I've been unable to get in contact with the webmaster. So it's basically a stand-alone forum now.

Comment

I mean, it doesn't look all that great on you to keep referring to something that isn't there.
                          With all due respect it seems you didn't even put much effort into looking ... it's right there in his signature, even written in blue so you won't mistake it with any other text...
                          OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                          "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Steve,

don't you think it would be better to actually include the link you want someone to follow instead of constantly repeating yourself?

Regards,

Dale
                            Dale,

Perhaps you have "Show user's signatures in their posts?" turn off in your user options?
                            Chen Avinadav
                            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Originally posted by FireFly

Dale,

Perhaps you have "Show user's signatures in their posts?" turn off in your user options?
                              Which leads to a feature suggestion. Have an option in control panel for certain groups to override signature preferences.

This way mods/administrators' signatures will be shown to everyone even if certain users have turned it off in their cp.
                              Last edited by Skeptical; Mon 21st Jan '02, 4:15am.
                              Well, there it is.
                              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

• Sorry, but when a default option is turned off, don't blame the user for the setup of the board.

The point is simple, if he is trying to get a user to foolwo a link then provide the link. As for "my effort" sorry, there are no signatures showing up for me. Deal with it. It is not my responsibility to go hunting in user options just to see a message that someone is trying to get across.

Constantly repeating the same message without effect should tell Steve something, namely that maybe the person doesn't see his signature. In that case, he should either send a private message or include the link.

so please don't tell me what level of effort I have put forth, you are not in a postion to make that judgement.

Originally posted by Tolitz
                                With all due respect it seems you didn't even put much effort into looking ... it's right there in his signature, even written in blue so you won't mistake it with any other text...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X