Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nominations are open for vB Board of the Month - February!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second http://www.macsubculture.com/forum
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

I'm a licence holder so I think therefore I count as a licensed customer to Vb, part owner of the site and therefore have the right to vote. And I can assure you I am the most un-biased person you will ever meet

Comment

Originally posted by Tolitz
        I second http://www.macsubculture.com/forum
        thank you

Comment

have to third

http://www.macsubculture.com/forum/

however i hate Mac's
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by scuterbob
            I'm a licence holder so I think therefore I count as a licensed customer to Vb, part owner of the site and therefore have the right to vote. And I can assure you I am the most un-biased person you will ever meet
            If you read you cannot second the nomination for your own board. Thats the whole point.

Comment

And your allowed to nominate your board once?
              If you hold a lisence, you can vote for any board, even your own.

Actually, probably 2/3 of the current nomiations are of their own board

Comment

Yeah nominating is allowed of your own board. Can you not read?? What is so hard about what I am telling you? You cannot SECOND THE NOMINATION for your own board. You nominated it, and now scuterbob cannot second the nomination because of Rule #8.

That is all Im saying!! He cant second it. Thats it. Ok?

Comment

www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/
                  Last edited by MarkB; Tue 15 Jan '02, 5:30pm.

Comment

http://www.SportsCentralBoards.com
                    Marc James
                    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
                    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt
                      Yeah nominating is allowed of your own board. Can you not read?? What is so hard about what I am telling you? You cannot SECOND THE NOMINATION for your own board. You nominated it, and now scuterbob cannot second the nomination because of Rule #8.

That is all Im saying!! He cant second it. Thats it. Ok?
                      !!!!!!!

Were you ever on a debating team?

Comment

One thing that this contest judges on is good integration with the board and the site. Several questions/comments I have about this:

1. Is this the highest ranked category? Does this present the most weight when deciding the winner?
                        2. Do you have to have a site? For example, www.phorums.net is just a screencap of the board. While the board may be cool, I would hardly call this good integration with the site.
                        3. I think its somewhat unfair to people who use vBportal. While it may be the best hack out there, it makes it very easy to integrate your board into your site, thus giving an advantage to the sites that run it. Also, all vbportal does is display new/hot threads on the homepage with some other added goodies, isn't this the same as having a board as your site?

I dunno, I guess its just because my site doesn't run vBportal that I am somewhat "bitter." And thus the flaming begins...

-Vic

Comment

Originally posted by Dalius

!!!!!!!

Were you ever on a debating team?
                          Of course.

But the statement above isn't the form I would normally take in a debate.

Comment

I don't think the nominations should really be limited to forums that are integrated into a site - there are a lot of sites that are just standalone forums, and are great examples of vB useage.

Comment

Originally posted by krs-one
                              3. I think its somewhat unfair to people who use vBportal. While it may be the best hack out there, it makes it very easy to integrate your board into your site, thus giving an advantage to the sites that run it. Also, all vbportal does is display new/hot threads on the homepage with some other added goodies, isn't this the same as having a board as your site?

I dunno, I guess its just because my site doesn't run vBportal that I am somewhat "bitter." And thus the flaming begins...

-Vic
                              I didn't even think vBPortal is an issue ... when the votes are cast, the links to the choices all point to the nominees' respective forums, not their portal homepage.

We are all nominating forums here. So what if a site consists of only a forum? It's a forum you're voting for, not a whole site.

all vbportal does is display new/hot threads on the homepage with some other added goodies, isn't this the same as having a board as your site?
                              yeah, I noticed many people who don't use vbportal always say that ... you forget the built-in review script ... and the download script ... and the links script ... and other integrated scripts from phpnuke ... side blocks that you consider "little goodies" actually contain links to other aspects of the site not controlled by vbportal - unless you consider a menubar for every site you see as "little goodies" ...

Using vbportal is actually pretty challenging. I see lotsa generic-looking vbportal sites that all look the same save for the color scheme ... the effort that was put into customizing them to stand out from the rest actually deserves attention...
                              OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                              "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

I really don't see the purpose in getting petty over such things. Maybe you guys can let it rest? Or make fun of me instead

On a related note (voting, not making fun) since Valks forum has been seconded and thirded I would like to throw in a vote for

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/

I love the look of his new forumhome and he has a nice site going there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X