vB converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB converters

Are there any converters from to other forums to a vBulletin forum? like a phpBB to vB converter?

From the Member Area regarding import scripts:

We're currently offering a set of scripts that will allow you to import posts, threads and users from the following programs: Infopop Ultimate Bulletin Board 5, Infopop Ultimate Bulletin Board 6, vBulletin Lite, Infopop OpenTopic, ezboard (posts only, not members for ezboard).
    There may be a phpBB importer over at the hacking site (vbulletin.org) but I'm not sure.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There's a phpBB convertor at vB.org.

For ezboard, I released a script that still requires users to re-register, but you can easily link their old posts into their new user account. - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=31443

Also, there's an ikonboard converter over there, but I ran into problems with it. I fixed almost all of the problems and imported my 5,000 members and 80,000 posts just fine, but not without headaches and hours of work. I might release it...if I have time to clean it up.
      Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
      Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment

and ummm... are there any price decreases if u dont use your board commercially? 160$ is a bit harsh for non profit website...

Comment

Originally posted by mr_d2254
          and ummm... are there any price decreases if u dont use your board commercially? 160$ is a bit harsh for non profit website...
          No, sorry.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Go price other professionally developed, commercial quality message boards and tell me if you think the price is still harsh
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

no wonder so many people steal it...

Comment

no wonder so many people steal it...
                no wonder so many people get caught

Comment

whats the penalty on stealin a vB?

Comment

Following:

- Your host is notified

- Sued

- Thrown in jail

- Your *)(#&U are chopped off

Comment

$160 is fairly cheap for what is (IMHO) the most powerful little piece of software I've ever come across.

Since we have this topic here, I have another question: I know that the ezboard import doesn't include members. But from the way the statement above is phrased, imports from other BBs do include members. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Comment

Yes, all imports except ezboard include users.

As well as the 'penalties' listed above for pirating vB, we have a third party contracted to deal with some piracy issues, backed up by a full legal team, who will be instructed to take any and all legal action possible.

Comment

Just wondering, what are the steps with piracy, from being notified to whatever branches the action could take. I'd be interested in knowing what happens, and how it happens.
                          Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
                          Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment

DarkReaper, I think it'll be a safe bet that people in "the know" about this would not be at liberty to disclose specifics.

Nevertheless, if you have questions, the best person to ask would be John or James (aka head-honchos of vBulletin). Because they are in positions of ultimate authority, they have final say as to what goes on. So shoot away. Also use the search feature here - you'll find some more information that way.

qasic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkReaper
                              There's a phpBB convertor at vB.org.

For ezboard, I released a script that still requires users to re-register, but you can easily link their old posts into their new user account. - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=31443

Also, there's an ikonboard converter over there, but I ran into problems with it. I fixed almost all of the problems and imported my 5,000 members and 80,000 posts just fine, but not without headaches and hours of work. I might release it...if I have time to clean it up.
                              What version of Ikonbaord did you convert?

I really need this convertor, badly. Let us know of any further development on it.

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X