100,000 posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100,000 posts

(Kyle's wife) My parenting website has finally reached 100,000 posts tonight. Just wanted to brag a bit. We have been open for approximately 8 months.

I must say, vbulletin has been great to us.

Way to go! I am about 6,000 posts from that goal and been opened since August . I hope you have 100,000 more posts soon!
    Jason Miller
    http://www.GMPerformanceTuning.com
    http://projecthillside.com
    http://weekendoasis.net
    http://jamz.net

Comment

great job!

i was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing some tips and tricks for those wanting to start a forum. how did you promote it?

thanks in advance.

robert
      www.rcgodina-design.com

Comment

it's mainly been word of mouth. We have a referral contest going on... and also I have a lot of users that post a lot. We also submitted to search engines, joined top sites lists, etc...

Also, if you go to some sites that are in the same topic as yours, some have a links page and will add your link to their site.

Comment

Well done! That first 100k was satisfying for me, too - closing in on my 2nd 100k now

Comment

we just hit 100 k ,, it took us 12 months..

now we are on about 700 posts a day so I am hoping it'll be over 300k by next year, hey maybe 400
            www.wannabebig.com
            www.wannabebigforums.com
            www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

Has the contest thing really worked for you guys? I have a conest right now on my relatively small board, and people just don't seem to be going for it.

My sig has my board, but of course, you'll have to become a member to win the 1st place prize, 256MB RAM from www.crucial.com.

-Vic

Comment

Congrats.

I am really excited because tonight we reached 10,000 members at SitePoint. I guess the next target is probably half a million posts (we don't add certain types of posts to our post counts).

Comment

Well, some people have referred others, but that contest has been a bit slow. So, I've been trying to come up with some other contests for it.

Comment

God all mighty 10 thousand members, 100,000 post. Must be nice. I just set my board up about a month ago, finally broke 20 members and 162 posts, about 70 of which are mine. If I break 100 members (that actually post on a regular basis) by summer I will be happy.

Comment

Congats Kyle!! I remember sweating my first 100 posts, then 1,000, then 100,000, and I finally broke 1 Mil on Oct 10 that was about 15-1/2 months of posting.
                      Once it starts moving, it snowballs. You should see a slow, but steady, increase in traffic from now on
                      Webmaster:
                      @forumz

Comment

Wow Martin was just at your site and you do have a large forum with topics that are very diverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                          Once it starts moving, it snowballs. You should see a slow, but steady, increase in traffic from now on
                          you could say that again..
                          aproximately a month ago, we reached our 1'000'000th post (not counting deleted ones), and we're already another 150k higher (aming for 2'000'000 this summer!)..

i vaguely remember noticing members being 26k or close to that back then.. closing in on 31.5k members now
                          (yes, of course i'm bragging :P)

anyway, i guess we're having an easy time (except for finding ways to fund the bandwidth bill :P), as we're part of a pretty big gaming-network.

for others though, the best way is always word of mouth.. word of mouth & regular on-topic discussions
                          My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                          That forum

Comment

my vB hit 552,000+ posts it's closed for a few days while VO migrates their servers (and mine) to their new data center
                            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

If I closed my boards for a few days, the suicide rate in this country would double!
                              Webmaster:
                              @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X