Have you upgraded to 4.x.x?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you upgraded to 4.x.x?

My site is still using 3.8.4... have been very pleased with it... but I am considering upgrading to 4.x.x. What are your thoughts on 4.0? Is it worth it, good? I've heard questionable reviews and just want to get as much info as I can before I make a decision.

Just visit this forum http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-Site-Feedback and you will see detailed opinions about vB 4.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

if you are happy with your site then leave it alone, remember if you have hacks or addons they mostly will not work with vb4.
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by WEBDosser View Post
        if you are happy with your site then leave it alone, remember if you have hacks or addons they mostly will not work with vb4.
        I was happy with my site on XMB 1.6 in 2003 but I still changed to vB because it was an improvement.

vB4 is fine and very stable. Many mods do actually still work and the majority of the others have been converted by the author.

I upgraded from 3.8.4 to 4.0.8 in Dec 2010. I was very happy with 3.8.4 but I am even more happy with 4.0.8.

The only thing I would say is that 4.1.3 is going to have a new editor and a style converter to convert 3.8 style to 4.1. This is due within weeks, so it may be worth holding off for a few weeks until it's out.

As ever, create a mirror of your live site on a test URL and upgrade that first before doing the live site, that way you can reapply any customisations before going live and check what works and what doesn't.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I wouldn't move to vB4. I still think it's a load of crap. Feels like vB3 with extra needles features.

Maybe if they fix the preformance I might consider it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X