You deserve a Gold Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You deserve a Gold Metal

Now that the Olympics are over you here on this forum deserve Gold Metals of your own!! The Chris', Georges, Ed's, Eva's etc... etc.... Besides obviously being very "nice and fun" people a lot of you obviously have put a lot of time and effort into your boards and deserve a lot of credit, you know who you are, I can't go thru the whole list but I can say the core members here deserve a lot of credit for vBulletins success, I hope that the developers realize that and return the favor.

My question is, are you making money, how are you doing it, having a dedicated server or even semi dedicated isn't cheap no matter whose standards your living by. Are you just writing it off to a fun (expensive hobby) future dreams or what. If your making money, "profit" how are you doing it. Share you success stories.

I run these sites:

http://www.warningtrack.net
    http://www.mycoding.com (not up yet)
    http://www.movieforums.com
    http://www.domainmailings.com

Also working on ExplodeMedia.com as a web portfolio site to feature my design/programming work.

I do not currently make any real money off of any of these...the last one (DomainMailings) is more newsletter than site anyway. I suspect DomainMailings and MovieForums will make money sometime soon though...they both have a lot of potential, IMO.

Hopefully all my investments (both in terms of time and money) will return soon!
    Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

well with my recent purchase of another 6 domains that brings me to 46 domains i own, for various personal, hobby, semi-business, anime, scifi and other types of sites. Around 30 of them are online is some development, operational form.

Banner ads, affiliate programs and my savings have been funding all of this up until last month (2 virtual hosting accounts + 1 dedicated server + cable net access). Within a few weeks (sooner i hope) i will be paid to do what i do this is something i didn't plan for but it's a lucky break...

that's all i can say for now
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

twtcommish: here's the ones i can list

eva2000.com
        animeboards.com / animeboards.net
        signup.myeva.net
        signup.mygundam.net
        dragonball-search.com
        anime2001.com / anime2001.net

theprequels.net
        thesiths.com

thedesktopthemes.com soon moving to thedesktopthemes.net design

wallpaperthemes.com /wallpaperthemes.net - just started

myevamail.net - free web mail for eva2000.com / myeva.net in the future.

the rest are other anime related projects and a few business type related stuff..
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Not bad at all.

In addition to the ones I mentioned above, I also have:

Computer-Tools.com
          AtHomePages.com
          AtWebhosts.com
          AtBookmarks.com
          OffSubject.com
          StarWarsForums.com

Plan to use some of them soon...

Comment

ooooooooooo starwarsforums looks good especially for my site http://www.theprequels.net

Comment

We featured it in my newsletter (DomainMailings) about 2 and a half months ago as an available domain for the taking - and no one took it! So I grabbed it myself.

You like the domain? Wanna use it for some kind of joint-venture?

Comment

nice domain, and up until last month i would of said yes, but my plans have been slightly altered by recent developments....... maybe later

my worry is the time to oversea a forum... i spend lots of time on my animeboards and i can't see myself putting the same effort into another vbulletin yet......

Comment

Aw heck, you wouldn't have to. I have a place ready to host the site for free. I can provide the hosting, moderating, and the design if you help fund the project a bit....all we need is one copy of vB to get started!

Dunno if we should even be talking about this here...shall I email you, or is the whole thing moving too fast? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TWTCommish
                    Aw heck, you wouldn't have to. I have a place ready to host the site for free. I can provide the hosting, moderating, and the design if you help fund the project a bit....all we need is one copy of vB to get started!

Dunno if we should even be talking about this here...shall I email you, or is the whole thing moving too fast? LOL
                    well maybe a while later in a few weeks, i have alot of things going on plus my vbulletin's server ain't playing nice again - tally: 8 crashes/mysql shutdowns in 5 days !!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear it. The offer stands!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X