Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I often have the same issue.

Comment

I dont use captcha nor Q&A. Why bother people with that? Bad Behavior and Spam-O-Matic work wonders.

Any spammers that make it through (rarely happens) hit my moderation queue. I stop all spammers at the door. I never have spam on my forum. Absolutely less work than cleaning up forum spam.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

Speaking of Captha, has anyone heard of the 4chan attach on reCaptcha ROFL

http://dudelol.com/4chan-is-using-go...h-as-possible/

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
          I dont use captcha nor Q&A. Why bother people with that? Bad Behavior and Spam-O-Matic work wonders.

Any spammers that make it through (rarely happens) hit my moderation queue. I stop all spammers at the door. I never have spam on my forum. Absolutely less work than cleaning up forum spam.
          Screw it, I'm going to try switching off the human verification and see what happens after 24 hours, if I get spammed I'm coming after you.

Comment

well you should press the button to transform the captcha !

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalKicks View Post
              Screw it, I'm going to try switching off the human verification and see what happens after 24 hours, if I get spammed I'm coming after you.
              Haha, you'll probably be surprised. Hardly any spammers reach our new registrations moderation queue. I do have several custom profile fields that new members need to fill in. So that makes it very easy to spot spammers.
              I buy 420 forums

Comment

I would change the human verification settings to the question/answer one. The only thing that I do is have all new registrations be approved by me. If they are a spammer or an idiot they get deleted. If they are true posters they are approved.
                Haven't had any spammers
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

I use question and answer - I think it works well.

Question: What planet do we live on
                  Answer: Earth

Lol :P

Comment

I agree with everyone here captcha must be avoided as they hamper our eyes and can't read at all..

Comment

Oh i have never faced that problem...

Comment

KeyCAPTCHA works very well and is a good replacement for captcha.

Comment

Originally posted by Elyk View Post
                          KeyCAPTCHA works very well and is a good replacement for captcha.
                          I like it although not sure if it will work with the vB app.

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
                            Speaking of Captha, has anyone heard of the 4chan attach on reCaptcha ROFL

http://dudelol.com/4chan-is-using-go...h-as-possible/
                            I'm trying to do this each time

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

I spent 10 minutes the other day trying to read a captcha

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X