need ideas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need ideas???

Hey anyone got any ideas on what I could do with my board since I am not using it at this time.

It was based on Digital but I got bored of it so anyone please can you give me some ideas?

Sell the license to someone else? Is that allowed?

Comment

you could always open it up as a free for all topic community with your fav topics of choice, and let member activity direct you to your decision....
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

do a seinfield and make a forum about nothing LOL
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

promotion for such a board would be easy at the same time hard

pick out 3 - 5 fav topics and then head to the search engines such as altavista.com, yahoo.com, directhit.com and mamma.com

search for your fav topics on those engines and compile a short list of unique, traffic medium and well designed sites which don't have a forum yet..

have your forum setup ready to demo and contact 1 or 2 of these sites and see if they would like to make their home on your forums for their topic...

it would take some time, but it will grow... then you;ll have to worry about all those problems posted in teh server config and mysql forums

the pains of a large board or a stuffy server

Comment

your welcome and thanks.. it's looking okay for now... hence posting replies here... otherwise i'd be caught up in my own little world of frustration and helplessness

Comment

Uh, why would a lease of 11 months be worth $500? Or was that a joke?

Heck, if someone out there has an owned license they don't need anymore and could sell, I'd be interesting in buying it... If it's allowed, that is.
              Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

I like the free for all idea, that shouldn't be too hard to promote
                (just don't do the wrestling idea

Comment

I'm hoping that if I write enough quality hacks maybe there is a leased license in it for me hopes

Comment

Hey...that'd be cool. I think they should start givin' licenses away for useful hacks and stuff...what a cool idea

Comment

Originally posted by rangersfan
                      I'm hoping that if I write enough quality hacks maybe there is a leased license in it for me hopes
                      hehe the truth comes out LOL ... i'd thought the motivation would of be a job of some sort ... i'd imagine vbulletin.com intends to expand and take on staff and all the hack creators here are well qualified i think

Comment

Originally posted by thetakerfan
                        I like the free for all idea, that shouldn't be too hard to promote
                        (just don't do the wrestling idea
                        i don't get i wouldn't of though wrestling to be sooo popular Anime i can understand

Comment

Wrestling IS very popular...but there are quite a few wrestlings sites out there today...

Comment

yeah seems the largest vb forums are for gaming, and wrestling, and other sports...

Comment

Sometimes...it really all depends. Overall there are a few huge sports/game related boards, but after that I'd have to go with computer/tech forums/Net...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X