Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    We allow 10 minutes to edit posts. I recently had a guy who needed to have some posts removed and I told him to send me a PM with a link to all specific posts he wanted removed. I've also told users if they need a post edited after the 10 minutes, to just click the Report this Post button and ask the mods to do this. It doesn't happen often (maybe once a month?) but it is an option.

Leave a comment:

• ACLineman
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    I would suggest not breaking any laws to help people, as an FYI.
    Nor would I, did I give you that impression??
    I have editing set for 24 hrs, and was hoping to get feedback from other Admins on how much time they give.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I personally give users about 5 min.
    I would suggest not breaking any laws to help people, as an FYI.

Leave a comment:

• ACLineman
    started a topic editing time limit?

editing time limit?

Does anyone have any opinions on how long you let your users edit their posts?

I have been getting requests from user to delete their account for various reasons, breaking up with the wife not wanting her to see stuff he posted due to spend money. Another guy said he is filing for workers comp and had made posts about doing physical activities and afraid lawyers might see it ...etc.

I have it set now for 24 to edit. After that the edit button disappears.

I am reluctant to delete accounts because it would mess up the flow of threads, plus I think any thread they started would disappear.

Thanks for any thoughts and input