Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has firefox been crashing lately for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has firefox been crashing lately for you?

I never had firefox crash a single time, and the past 2 weeks it crashes 5-10 times a day, doing normal things, just browsing forums and such, I got sick of it and I was ready to switch browsers, I downloaded the beta I seen on firefox because I was looking for a old version at first, well so far this beta seems to be smoking fast, 10x faster than the latest version, the setup is great, no crashes yet, no lag on page scrolling like the old one, and it's using 60% less ram, which is wonderful, I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing lately.

I use minefield. It rarely crashes. However, on one certain day, it crashed 100% time while opening any page running vbulletin

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1918 View Post
      I never had firefox crash a single time, and the past 2 weeks it crashes 5-10 times a day, doing normal things, just browsing forums and such, I got sick of it and I was ready to switch browsers, I downloaded the beta I seen on firefox because I was looking for a old version at first, well so far this beta seems to be smoking fast, 10x faster than the latest version, the setup is great, no crashes yet, no lag on page scrolling like the old one, and it's using 60% less ram, which is wonderful, I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing lately.
      I love the beta of Firefox, I use it everyday as my default browser now. Certainly better than Firefox 3.

Comment

I don't think this has anything to do with Firefox per se, maybe some of its files got messed up. Still using Firefox 3 and it works just fine for me.

Comment

Got Skype's toolbar installed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Leadcrow View Post
            Got Skype's toolbar installed ?
            I lol'd...

Skype soft kill...
            To be updated...

Comment

Actually I think i solved the issue, I believe I hard a piece of bad hardware, I removed the stick of ram and haven't crashed since, although I'm glad I am using firefox beta, it's sick!

Comment

Actually I think i solved the issue, I believe I hard a piece of bad hardware, I removed the stick of ram and haven't crashed since, although I'm glad I am using firefox beta, it's sick!
                Nah it's the dodgey version of firefox

You will get plenty of connection time out messages when other sites refuse to load
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

I've had a few firefox crashes recently, but I think it did have to do with the skype, haha. You don't have to disable it, just turn off the number and name generator.

Comment

I've never had an issue with Firefox and have used all versions since it was first issued. However, the OP is quite correct. FF4 Beta is a vast improvement even over previous versions I never had any trouble with.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X