Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does The Professional Installation Promise to Set Up Forum Completely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does The Professional Installation Promise to Set Up Forum Completely?

Hello,
    When I decide to pay extra for professional installation to my domain name and hosting address does this mean that it will all be done for me so all I have to do is log on as administrator and begin? Or will I still need to know a fair bit about html and programming etc. I would appreciate comments from those who have had this service more then those who do it please if possible. My aim is to get a top notch forum going but I know absolutely nothing about setting up stuff like this and I can't afford to spend money if it isn't all done correctly for me.
    Thanks in advance,
    Alf

No, the professional install only covers the installation of the software.

Comment

I would assume it sets it up as far as you can login as admin, but you'll still just have the basic, uncustomised forum. The fact is that if you want a "top notch forum" you're going to have to do some learning!
      Motorsport Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Alf Walters View Post
        Hello,
        When I decide to pay extra for professional installation to my domain name and hosting address does this mean that it will all be done for me so all I have to do is log on as administrator and begin? Or will I still need to know a fair bit about html and programming etc. I would appreciate comments from those who have had this service more then those who do it please if possible. My aim is to get a top notch forum going but I know absolutely nothing about setting up stuff like this and I can't afford to spend money if it isn't all done correctly for me.
        Thanks in advance,
        Alf
        I'd suggest either learning yourself or hire someone how can help. Installing vB is really easy if you just follow the manual. Setting up the forum the way you want is tough.
        You'll find a lot of people who will install and setup the forums as you want for $150

Comment

I'd also suggest that it would be a very good idea to install the software yourself. Doing so is not complicated and involves very basic skills that you will need if you are going to run a successful forum in the future.
          Motorsport Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X