Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so similar to vBulletin?

Anyone know anything about this? Woltlab

Just curious. The software looks much like vBulletin. Like a rip off if you ask me. I saw a security announcement on the web about it and they mentioned a problem with the _functions.php.

Just way to close in my opinion.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=Burning+Board
    HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
    -
    Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

Thanks Martz,

Doesn't really clear anything up but sorry I didn't do a search on this first.

Take Care!

Comment

I'll get my two cents in before this is closed:

BOOOOOO!
        Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

Ah man. It may be a rip, but they got a Last Post feature that is exactly what I want. Why oh Why cant vB have this
          forums: pcfx.cc
          gallery: here

Comment

what about this one huh?

http://www.wbbhacks.com/portal.php
            You're my Prince of Peace
            And I will live my life for You

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. X
              Ah man. It may be a rip, but they got a Last Post feature that is exactly what I want. Why oh Why cant vB have this
              What feature?

Comment

The Last post, how the Thread Title is displayed on the index complete with Icon, just like how UBB6 does it. There are a few hacks but they just dont work or look as nicely as how UBB does it.

Comment

I'm still curious as to what you are talking about. I had UBB6 and I'm lost as to what "Last Post" even was.

Comment

http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=36725

Tisk Tisk..

Comment

Ya,

This was more of an inquisition than anything else. Not an OOOH look.
                      However, If Freddie or whom ever would like to close the thread so it doesn't pose any problems, I certainly understand. I really should have done a search. Please forgive.

Thanks Guys.

Comment

Its bound to happen, someone copies someone else's design, re-writes it and sells it on again, and since its slightly different, and no proof they copied.. there is not much you can do..

I just remember the film Antitrust:

Opensorce, how long before someone owns the information and sells it on making money on your ideas.
                        Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music!

Faereal Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper
                          I'm still curious as to what you are talking about. I had UBB6 and I'm lost as to what "Last Post" even was.
                          http://forums.3drealms.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Look at the last post messages. I dont know how I can be any clearer. When a thread is replied to or posted, the threat title WITH icon is displayed by the date on the forum index.

vB doesnt have this, and while there are a few hacks, none seem to work right, dont look half as good or are too troublesome to implement (having to do extra queries on mySQL). I've even heard it could slow things down. Thats one feature Im dying to have in vB stock.

Comment

Oh that would be easy to add with no performance overhead. Would it make you happy if I stuck it on the internal todo-suggestions list?

Comment

I'd like to see that, Freddie, so if we're taking a vote, I vote "yes".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X