Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Between IP.Board & VB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Share the Love Between IP.Board & VB

    Hi ppl, im just evaluating moving out to ip.board because i liked a lot, but want to get the real deal, so im asking on their site and here about what the current users think about this/their product.
    Im in no way a troll nor want to start a flame, just get a nice talk about two competing products. im sure there are bad and good things in both.

    i wonder if you can tellme why you like vb over ip board, or anything i might not see

    thanks

  • #2
    I like I.P. Board's Gallery like the social bookmarking and ratings. I wish vB was spend a little more time on their gallery.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by worried View Post
      I wish vB was spend a little more time on their gallery.
      vBulletin does have a Gallery? That must be pretty new, the last time (vBulletin 4.1.1) it did not have one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Andreas View Post
        vBulletin does have a Gallery? That must be pretty new, the last time (vBulletin 4.1.1) it did not have one.
        check!

        Comment


        • #5
          The ipb gallery is the same as the vb albums
          and what do you mean you like the social bookmarks in ipb?
          the only thing I like about ipb is the option of the openID login, and the search box in the admincp
          nothing else they have is better than what vb 4.x offers
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ball Mac View Post
            check!
            vB has only an album which is very far from a gallery.


            vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

            Comment


            • #7
              and what about cms compared to ip.content?

              Comment


              • #8
                I like the healthy communication Invision has with its customers about the direction of the product. I was reading their recent blog entry where they detailed what areas they are focusing on next and a general idea about when they expect to roll out a beta. It helps a lot with planning and the changes you want to make. Invision also has a very healthy and robust platform. The software is feature rich and they have been rolling out updates over the last year at a very nice clip. It is also apparent that they listen to their customers and implement that feedback fairly quickly in the development.

                On the other hand, I feel vbulletin is exactly the opposite. vbulletin solutions doesn't really have a clear direction for their product line, the suite has been plagued with bugs and numerous folks have complained that it takes forever for the development team to fix trivial issues even when the customer provided a fix in the bug report. There is a general impression (which I share) that the developers and executives aren't listening to customer feedback and even worse, a perception in general that they just don't care. The forums are feature rich but the core is built around the code in vbulletin 3.x series and we seem to be having numerous issues as they are only updating the code sections at a time. Many styles designers have expressed disgust and some quit entirely. To sum it up, I don't feel they have their act together and I won't recommend the product again until they do.
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                  I like the healthy communication Invision has with its customers about the direction of the product. I was reading their recent blog entry where they detailed what areas they are focusing on next and a general idea about when they expect to roll out a beta. It helps a lot with planning and the changes you want to make. Invision also has a very healthy and robust platform. The software is feature rich and they have been rolling out updates over the last year at a very nice clip. It is also apparent that they listen to their customers and implement that feedback fairly quickly in the development.
                  That's true, but the product itself is crap.
                  .......

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    why?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LuisManson View Post
                      why?
                      If I browse on ipb sites with my nokia e90 the pages are like frozen.
                      Most forums I am registered are using vBulletin and I am used to it.
                      Or simply, I feel not comfortable using IPB boards.
                      .......

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        the mobile style rocks and comes out of the box, not sure what your problem could be

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                          The ipb gallery is the same as the vb albums
                          and what do you mean you like the social bookmarks in ipb?
                          There's a tab with each pic, "Share" with all the social bookmark links. There's also a "Like" button. Pictures are more relevant on our forum than say this one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by worried View Post
                            There's a tab with each pic, "Share" with all the social bookmark links. There's also a "Like" button. Pictures are more relevant on our forum than say this one.
                            The "share" code can be very easily added
                            I also have a like button on my vBulletin forum, but that is part of vBSEO
                            -- Web Developer for hire
                            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

                            Comment

                            Loading...
                            Working...
                            X