Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
    Yes, 3.8 is faster.
    I noticed this and sometimes wonder why I upgraded.

On a side note.... Happy Birthday to me

Comment

Originally posted by TheVisitors View Post
      I noticed this and sometimes wonder why I upgraded.

On a side note.... Happy Birthday to me
      Happy Birthday.

Comment

We're on the latest and greatest.

Comment

VB4 can be noticably slower on a slower internet connection but the forum home page is mostly down to calls, sidebar, plugins etc, the basic forum isn't much different. It's like anything the more you add the slower it will be

Comment

i'm new, deciding on getting one, i hear 3.8 is faster, is 4.0 so good that we can trade off speed? has anyone used both?

Comment

4 should not be slower if both the software and the server are correctly set up.

I have known some people having speed issues but this was always poorly configured servers.

Best solution: set up a mirror of your live site and upgrade that, test it rigorously, and if it's ok, then go live. That's what I did and now have a very successful and popular implementation of vB4 (see sig). It's not slower than when I was on vB3 and in fact in some ways it's faster.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I'm running 3.8 and just read all I need to to know I don't want to upgrade.

The new style is HORRIBLE. Yes I know you can create a custom skin. It's as if zero thought went into the most important aspect of a forum; READABILITY! The number of replies and views is jumbled together so you can't glance at the topics and get and idea of what's worth reading.

The thread/topic title gets lost and jumbled in with the thread starter and time. It is so hard on the eyes.

If it offered much more especially in the way of speed it might be worth upgrading but doesn't appear so.

Comment

its always better to upgrade, because more and more bugs are solved than...

Comment

I will probably not upgrade my 3.8 forum yet, but thinking about starting a new forum with vb4, but it will probably be 3.8 also. I simply have not heard of any important new features in vb4
                    Europanet.dk

Comment

I'm back on 3.8 with a lifetime 4.0 license

Comment

I'm still on 3.8, but some newer customers may be better matched to vb4.

If you plan on starting a new site with vb3.8, I'd consider the alternatives.
                        Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Bigforumfan View Post
                          I'm running 3.8 and just read all I need to to know I don't want to upgrade.

The new style is HORRIBLE. Yes I know you can create a custom skin. It's as if zero thought went into the most important aspect of a forum; READABILITY! The number of replies and views is jumbled together so you can't glance at the topics and get and idea of what's worth reading.

The thread/topic title gets lost and jumbled in with the thread starter and time. It is so hard on the eyes.

If it offered much more especially in the way of speed it might be worth upgrading but doesn't appear so.
                          If you went with xenforo the readability problem would be worse.
                          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Originally posted by Sworm1 View Post
                            I'm back on 3.8 with a lifetime 4.0 license
                            Same here.

Comment

No. I think the differences are just not enough to justify an upgrade. I expected something completely new, and IMO that's not what I see. So we'll see what comes next and if it's worth upgrading then.

Comment

Finally upgraded to 4.1 from 3.8 about a week ago. I have been happy with the upgrade overall.
                                | Rancho Murieta |

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X