Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about upgrading

Hello all,

My forum is still using vb 3.8 software.

I am planing to upgrade to vb 4 with CMS.

I was googling, trying to find good looking CMS using vbulletin, but, for some reason i never found anything i like.

Is there a way to configure vbulletin CMS to something similar to Joomla for example etc.

Many Joomla sites looks fancy, but whatever i saw using vbulletin CMS looks little basic to me.
    (maybe i am wrong, but if you may point out some good websites using vbulletin for both CMS and forum i would be very grateful)

Please if you can share any informations regarding this, to help me switch faster to vb 4.

Thanks!

You can style the CMS pretty much however you like, the only limits are your own css skills.

The CMS is not perfect. Joomla as a stand alone CMS is more mature and feature rich, but the vB CMS has full integration and is improving gradually. It's perfectly usable.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Never used Joomla, often looked at it though and wondered how good it is compared to WP?

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
        Never used Joomla, often looked at it though and wondered how good it is compared to WP?
        Personally I'm not fond of it. I once tried to use it at work and it drove me bonkers. Not tried Wordpress so can't compare but given the choice of Joomla or the vBulletin CMS I'd choose vBulletin's for a vBulletin powered site.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Yeah! I hear Joomla is good, but it just looked NOT "user friendly" to me, a bit like Drupal. Compared to how easy WP is to get to trips with in a day.

Comment

For high volume sites or where you need a more beefy CMS, Drupal is a bit better. Not as pretty on the admin side, but some pretty good templates for the user side. There was an older Drupal/vB branch. There are some modules in Drupal that provide integration with Drupal 6.20....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X