Who's going to ForumCon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slinky View Post
    At this point I still don't know if I'm going and thought I was last week! Honestly... if I was there I'd rather hear something that isn't newbie fluff which most of these conventions are.
    Sure, this is going to sound cliche, but hopefully we can have "something for everyone".

To that point, what specific areas of vBulletin, or running a forum would you like to learn more about?
    Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by IB Adrian View Post
      Sure, this is going to sound cliche, but hopefully we can have "something for everyone".
      To that point, what specific areas of vBulletin, or running a forum would you like to learn more about?
      Bummer - it looks more like I will be flying into SF for the conference... hard to believe... hopefully it will be worked out. SO, if I do make it there...

Interesting would be trending that goes on in different types of communities and how you've catered to each genre and able to meaningfully tailor the forum towards success/profitability in each instance or "vertical."
      Last edited by slinky; Wed 2 Feb '11, 1:38pm.
      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Ok - thanks.
        That might be something I can pass onto Alvin (the other gentleman from Internet Brands that is presenting).
        I am hoping to talk more to the software side of things.
        Adrian

Comment

The specific areas I would like to hear about are how vB is going to address the competition from social media for the same audience on the same content, how vB will better integrate monitization, what overall direction is the vB platform going and why, and why platforms like socialengine aren't the future. I'm sure there will be others. I'll see if I can add more as I think of them.
          Interesting would be trending that goes on in different types of communities and how you've catered to each genre and able to meaningfully tailor the forum towards success/profitability in each instance or "vertical."
          Yes! Great question!

Along those lines, I'd like to see what vB will be designing for multi-site owners in a particular 'vertical' that make cross-site branding easier, content sharing easier, network monitization eaier, as well as other administrative tasks.
          Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Samir View Post
            The specific areas I would like to hear about are how vB is going to address the competition from social media for the same audience on the same content, how vB will better integrate monitization, what overall direction is the vB platform going and why, and why platforms like socialengine aren't the future. I'm sure there will be others. I'll see if I can add more as I think of them.
            Good stuff - I plan on covering those topics
            Adrian

Comment

Cool! I look forward to the answers.

Comment

Ugh, I just checked the weather - looks like rain that whole week.
                Last edited by joeychgo; Wed 9 Feb '11, 6:47pm.
                vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
                vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
                Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

Comment

San Francisco weather reminds me so much of London. The whole city is a smaller, hilly version of London, lol. I'll be the guy that's soaked, lol. I plan on riding the bus and walking two blocks.

Comment

I will be there - if you are going, let me know, would like to catch up with you!
                    I will be there too

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
                      I will be there too
                      Time for kick some ass!

Comment

Originally posted by captainslater View Post
                        Time for kick some ass!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	9scoj6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	3681383
                        Adrian

Comment

I dunno what day everyone's getting in, but a few of us are planning to get together the night before the conference. If anyone wants to join us, feel free to call/text, 615-512-5520.

Comment

I dunno what day everyone's getting in, but a few of us are planning to get together the night before the conference. If anyone wants to join us, feel free to call/text, 615-512-5520.
                            See you there. I'm reachable via email as well or even leaving messages here. Perhaps I have to download the mobile app, lol.
                            My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

See you there. I'm reachable via email as well or even leaving messages here. Perhaps I have to download the mobile app, lol.
                              Cool. It'll be good to meet you.

Comment

I am flying up tomorrow morning, will see you there
                                Adrian

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X