Just noticed Google's searches are local

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just noticed Google's searches are local

Even when I sign out of Google it still taints search results by your location. I'm typing in different zip codes across the country and getting sometimes widely varying results. Does this worry you SEO wise?

no.

Comment

It doesn't worry me that much, but its causing me some kinda problems following my websites rankings
      I live in Egypt, and I'm trying to target European visitors to my website, however, there are many Egyptian websites offering services within the keywords I'm trying to target, so whenever I search Google for these keywords to check my rankings, all of these Egyptian websites come up first
      Its kinda annoying, cause I've to use proxies to search Google now without any of these Egyptian websites coming up first!

Comment

I've been having some of those problems too. I'll type in an adress and it will give me one that is completely wrong, same adress but in a different state. I don't think that anything bad is going to come from it but it is strange. And I am getting kind of annoyed when I search for recipes and they come up in German, I can't speak German. Oh well

Comment

sometimes , I noticed such kind

Comment

Chewy12, i have the same prob with the recipes in german, very strange

Comment

if you "sign out" of google it shouldn't show local searches
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I always turn it into with .com domain whenever to make searches so I don't bother about this so much. we must be smart enough if we are in SEO field.

Comment

Sometimes the local searches get on my nerves as it's too specific....but there are ways around it if it worries the SEOers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X