Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right, so I have loads of money in my PayPal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tubedogg
    Depends where you go.
    That's true.... I remember being asked for my ID once at Best Buy because I hadn't signed the back of my credit card.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Right, so I have loads of money in my PayPal...

Originally posted by Kaizen

Lol, that is Paypal.
      um no... Wells Fargo is a bank.. and paypal has not affliation with them as far as i know..

Comment

paypal *sux*
        You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

Comment

Originally posted by nuno
          paypal *sux*
          i totally agree. snail mailing checks is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman

i totally agree. snail mailing checks is much better.
            *Jake learns to make creative sarcastic comments*

Well, there it is.
            - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Right, so I have loads of money in my PayPal...

Originally posted by Goldfinger

um no... Wells Fargo is a bank.. and paypal has not affliation with them as far as i know..
              Then how come whenever I withdraw money from Paypal it is debited to my account by "Wells Fargo and Co". Are they not affiliated ? I find it hard to believe that Paypal just have a merchant account themselves with a bank for their business ?
              Email: [email protected]
              Site: Under Construction

Comment

IIRC, Paypal and X Bank merged to form the company as it is now. X Bank was one of the first pioneers in online banking as they didn't have any branches. This is why they can now offer credit cards, money market accounts and FDIC insurance (provided you don't join the money market account). In essence it is almost like a true bank account. As competition increases they will probably add more banking features and even eventually get a true routing number so it is a bank account. Actually they must have one now but it isn't made publicly available because they don't issue checks.

When you sign up for a paypal account though, you can make it a verified account in the United States by linking it to an offline bank account. This link can be with any bank. All you are doing is authorizing electronic transfers in the case of an overdraft of your paypal account. So when you make purchases or withdrawals on your paypal account, funds will be removed from your attached account if there are insufficient funds already.

Wells Fargo does not necessarily have to be a partner with PayPal since you authorized the automatic deposit and withdrawals of funds by linking the account(s) and verifying the account. Automatic paycheck deposits and billpay withdrawals work on the same premise. This is why you must supply both routing and account numbers for these services.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen
                  Then how come whenever I withdraw money from Paypal it is debited to my account by "Wells Fargo and Co". Are they not affiliated ? I find it hard to believe that Paypal just have a merchant account themselves with a bank for their business ?
                  It's not a merchant account, but not being a bank themselves, PayPal needs services that only a bank can provide. Many credit unions have similar arrangements with commercial banks.

Comment

melikes paypal. I have contributed and now i shall return to my daily activities which typically don't consist of contributing to the chitchat forum.

Comment

on my statement it always says Paypal Inc of something like that.

Comment

I have a couple hundred dollars that come in to the account per month, and send out the same amount out. No problems.

Comment

I verified my paypal account earlier this morning, it had $450 in it and i tried to withdraw and it moaned about verification. So now that its over I can now transfer the dollars into my British Bank Account
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X