Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right, so I have loads of money in my PayPal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, so I have loads of money in my PayPal...

...and I have no way to withdraw it.
    Why couldn't they say somewhere clearly that international accounts (at least the vast majority of them) are not accepted?!
    I have a nice amount of money there ($497.99 to be exact), and the sum only gets bigger and bigger every day... and currently I have no way of using it other than buying in their stupid shops!

Any ideas?
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Paypal it to an American that you trust, and have them get it for you and mail you a check. You would have to trust them a hell of a lot though.

Amy
    http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

Good idea, I think I have someone in mind.
      (poor guy )
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Actually if you are thinking of giving it to me, I accept!

Comment

Geez what a mind reader!
          Chen Avinadav

Comment

If you send me a nickel I will forever be in your debt
            Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

Thats what happened to my friend as well. He sent me all his money through paypal and then I sent him a cheque. I lost about 30 bucks on it though, due to the exchange to canadian funds

Oh well, he deserved it, he did a lot of good work for me
              Board of the Month: November
              Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
              Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
              vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

I have a working PayPal account.... and dont mind sending a cheque to Israel ?

Can I help ?
                Email: [email protected]
                Site: Under Construction

Comment

I'd be more than happy to transfer the money... for a small fee of course.
                  Matt
                  Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
                  Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

Originally posted by MattR
                    I'd be more than happy to transfer the money... for a small fee of course.
                    I already lose 2% or something like that, you also what a chunk?!
                    That's ok, I got it all sorted. Thanks.

- Note to self: Next time you need help just mention money in the thread title and everyone will come to see what's it's all about. j/k
                    Chen Avinadav

Comment

Are you going to ignore my post *sob* ?
                      Email: [email protected]
                      Site: Under Construction

Comment

glad to see it's sorted out.. it's annoying with paypal not being able to allow alot of international accounts to withdraw... i was annoyed until they allowed Australian accounts
                        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Re: Right, so I have loads of money in my PayPal...

Originally posted by FireFly
                          [B]...and I have no way to withdraw it.
                          Oh no ....

Longer term possibilities:

Have someone you trust set up a checking account in US bank, then send you the ATM card. You can withdraw money from a US account nearly anywhere in the world via an ATM machine. After it's set up, the account address could probably be changed to your home. Also, with a US account, you could request a PayPal ATM/Debit card.

You might be able to set up a US account online with one of the big US-based international banks that have international branches in Israel. Maybe Citibank?

Setup an account with an online bank that has general ATM access to funds. Don't keep anything beyond minimum balance in such an account, though, as you never know how long these companies will be around.
                          Last edited by samtha25; Fri 4 Jan '02, 2:53pm.

Comment

well, if you sent it to me, I would keep it for you and you wouldn't have to worry about all those pesky taxes!
                            Webmaster:
                            @forumz

Comment

FireFly, if you don't mind me asking - why do you have a large amount in there, and why does it grow daily? Is people giving you money to keep your site up (like a charity fund)?

Also, I have a International account for me (Im Canadian) and I have the money withdrawn to my bank account in Canada. Works fine for me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X