Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Vbullitin's Closest Rivals In Forum Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by ragtek View Post
    ATM it'S IPB and vB 3.8

XenForo is missing too many basic functions ATM.

BUT

They have a great & modern framework, which makes it really easy, to extend it and build add-ons for it.
    Also it's IMHO much easier for the core-developers, to extend very fast the core functions, so once the whole lawsuite sh*t is over and they have enough money for more workers, it could blast all the other rivals away^^

My .02$
    I keep hearing that xenForo is missing too many "basic" functions, but I've yet to hear what these basic functions are...

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    IPB is the closest rival I'd say right now. But XenForo will become more of a serious contender given time, right now it's lacks a little too much. That's if you want all the features that vBulletin offers - and that's your thing?

Leave a comment:

• ericwall
    replied
    Vanilla, phorum, phpBB, MyBB. invasion, and hundreds more. I say vBulletin is still the best

Leave a comment:

• abotonyn
    replied
    I believe that the vb best of free forums to contain all of the features

Leave a comment:

• smnet
    replied
    Originally posted by ragtek View Post
    ... it's IMHO much easier for the core-developers, to extend very fast the core functions, so once the whole lawsuite sh*t is over and they have enough money for more workers, it could blast all the other rivals away^^

My .02$
    In reality that isnt going to happen until they have a suite comparable to vb and ipb. However, once they have then I really feel it will be something very special.

Leave a comment:

• Removed-836727
    replied
    ATM it'S IPB and vB 3.8

XenForo is missing too many basic functions ATM.

BUT

They have a great & modern framework, which makes it really easy, to extend it and build add-ons for it.
    Also it's IMHO much easier for the core-developers, to extend very fast the core functions, so once the whole lawsuite sh*t is over and they have enough money for more workers, it could blast all the other rivals away^^

My .02$

Leave a comment:

• Micronichos
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    Don't trust those xenforo advertiser, they get paid for spreading this all over the web. vBulletin is hopefully still the leader in forum community software.

[Attention, post contains some sarcasm elements]
    *like*

Leave a comment:

• smnet
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    Don't trust those xenforo advertiser, they get paid for spreading this all over the web. vBulletin is hopefully still the leader in forum community software.
    I thought you were serious for a minute there.

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied

[Attention, post contains some sarcasm elements]

Leave a comment:

• theezy
    replied
    IPB. They are a worthy competitor.

Leave a comment:

• Numenorean7
    replied
    Definitely XenForo. When it comes to forum softwares, it can't get any better than Xenforo, I'm glad I made the move.

Leave a comment:

• Sean James
    replied
    XenForo and Invision

Leave a comment:

• Leadcrow
    replied
    I read somewhere vbulletin's fiercest competitor was Wordpress, so maybe bbpress (as lacking as it can be).

Leave a comment:

• Micronichos
    replied
    XenForo

Leave a comment:

• cSkins
    replied
    With regards to forum software, I believe the closest rivals are IPB and phpBB.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X