Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Vbullitin's Closest Rivals In Forum Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rustyangel
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    Most forums I'm a member are using vBulletin. Guess it's because it's the best.
    Poor attempt at sarcasm noted

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    Well, depends what version of vBulletin.

Most forums I frequent are running on vB 3.x. None have any intention of upgrading to vB 4.x in the immediate future.

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Originally posted by rustyangel View Post
    Most of the forums I am a member of seem to run phpBB. Not very scientific, I know...

Guess it's because it's free??

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by rustyangel View Post
    Because it's free.
    Good features.
    Simple.

Leave a comment:

• rustyangel
    replied
    Most of the forums I am a member of seem to run phpBB. Not very scientific, I know...

Leave a comment:

• Removed-836727
    replied
    Originally posted by DieselTruck View Post
    I have to say I've always like IPB, but I've always used vBulletin. I would hate to have to learn "the little things" all over again.
    Some months ago i said this too, but it's never too late to invest time/money in other things, if you're not happy with the current product!
    The longer you wait, it will become more complicated....

Leave a comment:

• DieselTruck
    replied
    I have to say I've always like IPB, but I've always used vBulletin. I would hate to have to learn "the little things" all over again.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Wouldn't be so bad if these foreign spammers knew how to write proper English that made sense and at least looked like a genuine message.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Vaughan
    Hello guys....!
    Thank you for your generosity! At this forum, you share us so important message.I like this kind of post which tell us much important massage.thank you again.
    Get lost, spammer.

Leave a comment:

• Alfa1
    replied
    Have there been any new startups in the last year?

Or software that was rewritten to a modern UI?

Leave a comment:

• Removed-836727
    replied
    Originally posted by Razgo View Post
    don't forget the humble old YABB forum which is probably one of the oldest forum scripts out there. Thats basically where simple machimes came from which is a great free forum software too.

there must be hundreds out there now. i think something like Xenforo would be still at the bottom of the list with a long way to go before even matching half the forums software out there.

and phpBB is certainly up there in the top list of best free forum too. they have all weathered a long enduring path of ups and downs but have come out on top and stood the test of time.
    yea phpbb is top, and i can't wait for phpbb4
    They donated 5000€ for a security audit of symfony2 http://www.symfony-project.org/blog/...donation-drive.

Leave a comment:

• Razgo
    replied
    don't forget the humble old YABB forum which is probably one of the oldest forum scripts out there. Thats basically where simple machimes came from which is a great free forum software too.

there must be hundreds out there now. i think something like Xenforo would be still at the bottom of the list with a long way to go before even matching half the forums software out there.

and phpBB is certainly up there in the top list of best free forum too. they have all weathered a long enduring path of ups and downs but have come out on top and stood the test of time.

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Originally posted by ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿.tk View Post
    XenForo + ipb
    Nice username, cool.

Leave a comment:

•  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿.tk
    replied
    XenForo + ipb

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Yeah, I thought ages ago it looks like a nice forum software product. Never used it though.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X