This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a small Issue

I reported a board that i knew in fact was running an illegal copy of vB and distributing it also , i reported the board and im not sure if during the process they actually purchased vB legally or not but they are posting all over there board that i was the one that reported them as running an illegal board, how would they have discovered this information, does the vB contacts give this information out?

I would not of reported the board if i didnt think it was a actually legal and now all i am getting is spam mail from their members.

i will not post the board name here as i am not like that but if a representative can contact me i will surely give it to them.
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

We never give out the source of information - they must have found out some other way.

Comment

Odd.... i wonder how they found out ?
      Email: [email protected]
      Site: Under Construction

Comment

Maybe you had a 'fight' with them and they just assumed it was you?
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
          Maybe you had a 'fight' with them and they just assumed it was you?
          ya i quit admin on there site and the owner of the site called me up at 2am and called me every name in the book, so i guess thats a fight but it wasnt really called for.
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Well I mean, thats a good reason, ya know. It kinda gives it away. No offense you did the right thing tho

Comment

I can reassure you that only a handful of us have access to piracy reports and this information, and we never reveal the name of the person reporting the site (we don't even keep this information). We don't let the person reporting the site know the status of the report, and we don't let the sites we contact know how we found out they are running an illegal version of the software.

Comment

nevermind i just found out how they got this info they hacked into our admin forum and where so dumb to actually email to me that they did so..
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
                  (we don't even keep this information)
                  What about the correspondance, where you can add to what u sent in originally etc.
                  Email: [email protected]
                  Site: Under Construction

Comment

htaccess your admin area
                    just in case
                    You're my Prince of Peace
                    And I will live my life for You

Comment

You guys should talk to the people at UBB about Mr Gronlund here. They caught him using a hacked version of UBB after his licence expired - I guess he couldn't afford to renew it. He blames the owner of the board he is referring to for reporting him, the same board he's been spamming and has been banned from three times. Funny how these things work. This started in September by the way, he's a touch obsessive.

He's got a cute little board with less than one hundred members, he's jealous because our board is doing a bit better, over 7000. I wouldn't waste your time guys, Mr Gronlund is a jealous little pup with nothing better to do than make a pest of himself.

I'm sorry to come in here with this stuff, VB is awesome and I hate to start any trouble but I just cannot abide liars and Mr Gronlund is a liar. Nobody hacked his forum, one of his administrators couldn't handle the lying any longer and sent one of our people the info. As for the two am phone call, that happened after Mr Gronlund accused the board's owner of planning to cheat on his girlfriend in a blatent attempt to break them up. He also faked an account on his board and ours, using our owner's address as his location and then proceeded to spam his own board. He's rather "off" if you get my drift. If you fellows want documentation you have my email address.
                      Last edited by sLyIcE; Tue 1 Jan '02, 8:40pm.

Comment

Here's a bit of info on Mr Gronlund's character. He's a bit of a troublemaker to say the least.

http://www.helpfromtechs.com/ubb/ult...c&f=1&t=000563

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/For...ML/000614.html

You should contact the people at VirtualDr and Help from Techs, they have some interesting tales to tell.
                        Last edited by sLyIcE; Tue 1 Jan '02, 9:13pm.

Comment

This isn't the place for these types of debate or personal attacks. I am closing this thread now before it gets out of hand.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X