Cpanel, ftp, and database passwords.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpanel, ftp, and database passwords.

The passwords to cpanel, ftp and the forum database are the same.
    If i use the cpanel function to change passwords will it change the password to ftp and will the forum config.php need to be edited to show the new password?

Originally posted by leftie View Post
    If i use the cpanel function to change passwords will it change the password to ftp and will the forum config.php need to be edited to show the new password?
    I believe that if you will change the CP password it will change the ftp password as well automatically. But you can change them separately as well. For the db password only, you must change it to the config.php file as well.

Comment

Do you know where i change the ftp password only?

Comment

in your cpanel you should see an ftp icon
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by leftie View Post
          Create a new FTP user and give it a different password. Use that user to access your site via FTP. Do the same when creating email accounts.

When creating a new database user, it asks you for the password. Give your database users a different password. Use the password generator built into cPanel to create a nice long (16-20 character) password.

If you change the password of your database users then you will need to update your config.php file.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment