No announcement yet.

One thread over 1000 pages long !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share the Love One thread over 1000 pages long !!!!!!

Its all about keeping people returning and posting on a forum.

This thread was started and is now over 1000 pages long and has over 8000 posts.

I know the thread is nothing to do with the forum topic but people seem to like it

http://www.photography-forum.org/sho...hread/page1008
    Last edited by stemmy; Thu 26th Aug '10, 8:24am.
    There are three kinds of people - those who can count and those who cant !!
    The best photography forum on the net
    www.photography-forum.org

Those topics bring lots of problem with them. Some users which have no more interest in your forum topic will give you a headache sometimes, e. g. to-big-to-ban-users. You can ban them but your forum members will hate you for doing so, same as in the real world. You do the right thing, but everyone hates you for doing so, thats why politicans do always the wrong things. Imagine a president would not consider helping a big bank, company... Would be the right thing to do, because on the long run everyone suffers from saving them, but on the short run he will chose to help them, because everyone would hate him for not doing it...

Comment

I have great staff on my forum and all members are made fully aware that no member is too big to ban.

I have banned supermoderators before now for misconduct. What is a rule for one is a rule for all - no exeptions.

I think you have to be fair and consistent, the latter being the most important.

Back to the thread I think people need some down time from the forum topic. I have found that as my forum has grown my role has changed. My job is now advertising, maintenance, admin etc. but also I make a point of trying to keep the forum moral high by introducing fun threads which spark off topic debate and humour.
      There are three kinds of people - those who can count and those who cant !!
      The best photography forum on the net
      www.photography-forum.org

Comment

We have the same thread in our forum, it's 2872 pages long with 28715 replies.

Comment

Seriously threads over 1000 pages long aren't hard to come by.

Comment

We have a word association thread also. It's the second longest in that forum (almost 26,000 replies). Our longest is our Random Thoughts thread (almost 94,000 replies). And in third place is our PG rated Babe Thread (almost 11,000 replies, 450,000 views).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

here is our largest, it's a word association game too
              over 550 pages, 25 post per page, 13,933 replies, with 178,573 views
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X