Dotster vs Register.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dotster vs Register.com

Ok, so I may be a bit slow. Dotster offers registration for $14/yr whereas its $35/yr with Register.com????!!! Am I missing something?

If that's the case, then I assume I can transfer domains I currently own to Dotster and pay less when I have to renew? Holy cow, this would make me so happy.....!

Thanks for any info,
    Peter

I find GoDaddy.com the cheapest registar (that's how you call it right? ), only $7 for a domain.
    I think it's $7 for transferring too.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

"registrar"

I use godaddy as well. Its 8.95 a year.

Comment

Wow! So whats the catch? Why the big discrepency in registrar fees?? Great. Firefly, do you mean $7 to transfer a domain to GoDaddy or $7 to transfer away from Godaddy?

Does anyone have any official info on what the actual costs are for a registrar to register a name with internic and why there is a such a major spread in the pricing (I assume it's dishonest companies trying to profit on my/our ignorance but....)??

Thanks alot guys. That's going to save me a bundle unless Register.com has some draconian transfer fees in their system...

Thanks,
        Peter

Comment

I was going to use godaddy.com but someone on Webhostingtalk talked me out of it, and went for gkg.net. Just $10 a year. Its been working good for me.
          forums: pcfx.cc
          gallery: here

Comment

Originally posted by petermw
            Wow! So whats the catch? Why the big discrepency in registrar fees?? Great. Firefly, do you mean $7 to transfer a domain to GoDaddy or $7 to transfer away from Godaddy?

Does anyone have any official info on what the actual costs are for a registrar to register a name with internic and why there is a such a major spread in the pricing (I assume it's dishonest companies trying to profit on my/our ignorance but....)??

Thanks alot guys. That's going to save me a bundle unless Register.com has some draconian transfer fees in their system...

Thanks,
            Peter

Places like Netsol and Register.com have never lowered their prces even though places with cheaper prices and better service are around. No real reason why they don't lower prices other than where they have their heads stuck.....

Comment

I use www.gandi.net

Free nameservers, email forwarding etc., and free transfers too!

Comment

about 70% of my domains are with 000domains.com at 13.50/yr there service and support are excellent and reply in a timely manner

20% of domains are with powerpipe.com 8.88/yr

then there's 2 .tv domains with www.tv at 36/yr

and the rest with 123domains and stargateinc which i will transfer to 000domains.com later
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I have a couple dozen domains at Jumpdomain.com. $12/yr.

Comment

Ive got a few domains on 000domains.com 13.50/year, and also a few on stargateinc.com for 8.95/year...

I like 000domains.com better tho.. I liek there support, nice, fast, and reliable... just how i like it..

-Syphin

Comment

Originally posted by Syphin
                      Ive got a few domains on 000domains.com 13.50/year, and also a few on stargateinc.com for 8.95/year...

I like 000domains.com better tho.. I liek there support, nice, fast, and reliable... just how i like it..

-Syphin
                      yup i had this name server/dns setup problem and 000domains.com replied in under an hour and walked me through it via email and fully explained what each step did including a basic intro on dns hehe
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I like domainmonger.com because it has zoneedit.com built into it great .. $17/year and I find them very organized and easy to manage if you have a lot of domains.
                        Jason Miller
                        http://www.GMPerformanceTuning.com
                        http://projecthillside.com
                        http://weekendoasis.net
                        http://jamz.net

Comment

Working...
                        X