Customizing vB Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing vB Portal

I'm thinking about buying this but I'm curious, even though it's in beta is it fairly stable?

Also, how easy is it to customize to an existing site? I don't really need to do much with it, just change the colors and the logo in the upper left hand corner. I may also want to do something like replace references to the "review" section with "recipes".

Is it at all like customizing vBulletin or is it more difficult?

Friend of mine scolds me every time I try something beta and I'm almost always sorry for it. I had to take the chance but I can't hardly pass this up. Looks awesome!
    HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
    Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
    iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
    VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Why don't you ask these questions over there?
    Motorsport Forums

Comment

Well I tell you it is, and I would be glad to help you if you buy the software.

Look at the beta at www.moneytec.com its all good

Comment

Customizing works the same way as vBulletin. There are also already a few themes available if you buy it.
        Ueli

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
          Why don't you ask these questions over there?

Well your a bundle of laughs.

Yes Portal is stable, I think it's a great ad-on for vBulletin. Check my WWW site.

Go to phpPortals HERE

Comment

Originally posted by centris

Well your a bundle of laughs.

Yes Portal is stable, I think it's a great ad-on for vBulletin. Check my WWW site.

Go to phpPortals HERE
            It is a fair point, it really should be asked over there or at vbulletin.org as it is a hack Much more likely to get an answer to the question.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield

It is a fair point, it really should be asked over there or at vbulletin.org as it is a hack Much more likely to get an answer to the question.
              It is not a fair point, it is downright rude - my opinion

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Comment

Originally posted by centris
                It is not a fair point, it is downright rude - my opinion

But you'd get a better answer there, more users that use vB Portal are on phportals.com than here.. Wonder why....

vB portal isn't fully templates, which kinda sucks, I spent 4 hours last night customizing blocks and other parts of it...

Took me 30 minutes alone to customize the PM box to look good....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X