No announcement yet.

75KB page size... is that good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75KB page size... is that good or bad?

after putting up a new theme (many thanks to Sinecure) i've watched my daily bandwidth go up from all the graphics in the layout. i just ran my forumhome through one of those web site analyzer pages and it said the total size was 75KB. is that good or bad or average?

also. it said the html was about 45KB. i have gzip level 1 on my forums... shouldn't that be lower?

Im showing 7220 bytes for the html alone, i didnt check the images. gzip seems to be working on my side, alot of the online tools may not reconize gzip and will give you a higher (45k) number.

The forum overall loaded very quickly, i dont see a problem. Whats your daily bandwidth now? And what was it before the re-design?

BTW, move your style information to a sperate file, it will save quite a bit of bandwidth, and load times (ie <LINK rel="stylesheet" href="forum.css" type="text/css">) in header.
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

thanks for the tip on the style info

daily bandwidth before was maybe 70MB on a busy day (my forums were almost all gzipped text before, 12 users on at a time max). same number of users now but my daily bandwidth is about 250MB right now.

Comment

/me starts to monitor Jake's bandwidth

Comment

Originally posted by JimF
          /me starts to monitor Jake's bandwidth

don't worry jimbo... i'm only at 2.14GB for this month so far. (as of last night)

...but i was at 1.4 a few days ago

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X