question for everybody with flash expirience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for everybody with flash expirience

I want to make a Flash game, but I don't know where to begin. I have some ideas on how to do it, but it would be to long and hard and not woth it, the way i have planned. So, I need some info from people that would know how to:
    1) Make it so an object would jump, move left, move right, etc
    2) Make a score
    3) Have some ammo on the ground, and when you move the guy over to it, you pick it up, and it gives you ammo in your weapon
    4) Make things show up at random times (like enemies coming on-screen at different times, rather than in the same order evry time)
    5) Make lives
    6) Make it so enemies dissapear when you hit them with the weapon (smaller enemies with smaller hits needed to kill them, bigger enemies with more hits needed to kill them)
    7) Got all that?

I think that's all the help I need for now. If it would be easier to code it for me, I wouldn't mind at all.....

I worked with flash for a bit. I would like to stress the "bit" part. have you done anything simple with it yet? What you are asking to do with flash takes some pretty good expertise.

Comment

yes.. making flash games is very advanced. Probably one of the most advanced things in flash. I mean.. im upper intermediate at flash i wouldnt even DARE to start making a flash game you have to know the flash syntax and blah =\. www.flashkit.com start there.

Comment

I want to make a Flash game, but I don't know where to begin. I have some ideas on how to do it, but it would be to long and hard and not woth it, the way i have planned. So, I need some info from people that would know how to:
        2) Make a score
        3) Have some ammo on the ground, and when you move the guy over to it, you pick it up, and it gives you ammo in your weapon
        4) Make things show up at random times (like enemies coming on-screen at different times, rather than in the same order evry time)
        5) Make lives
        6) Make it so enemies dissapear when you hit them with the weapon (smaller enemies with smaller hits needed to kill them, bigger enemies with more hits needed to kill them)
        7) Got all that?

I dont know your level of knowledge of flash so I have to assume that you're just a beginner. I suggest reading the Action Scripting book that came with your flash program to understand how AS will help you in making games.

First some other Action Scripting Books for Flash Programming:

ActionScript : The Definitive Guide

ActionScripting in Flash

Ithe following book is good once you get the jist of what Action Scripting can do:

Macromedia Flash 5 ActionScript for Fun and Games

Here are some other books to check out:

Flash Games Studio

Flash 5 Cartoons and Games f/x and Design

And some online resources you can check out:

ActionsScripts.org
        Flashkit.com's Games Tutorials

And some sites to play at to see if you want something similar:

Flash Arcade
        Shockwave.com
        There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Re: question for everybody with flash expirience

Originally posted by facamus
          2) Make a score
          5) Make lives
          7) Got all that?

I think that's all the help I need for now. If it would be easier to code it for me, I wouldn't mind at all.....
          Would you just like someone to make the game for you? jeez..

Comment

im not a beginner, ive just never used action scripting.

Comment

Facamus - if you dont use Flash Action Scripting at all, then you are a beginner. Through AS you can make animation (quicker and smaller in file size). I wouldn't know what to do without Action Scripting ( i turned a 1.8 meg animation into 300 kb using Action Scripting)

Check out the books above, since they helped be a great deal. Dont steal other people's works; that just only pisses them off.
              There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

I wish I could be of more help. I really like flash. But the extent of my expertise was a nice flash banner and advertisement type work. A game would be something really incredible. You would most definitely need to be well versed to accomplish this. I would try the above mentioned books. Looks interesting.

Comment

löl not gut
                  im search tut for arcade convertierung zu vb3
                  Help me Please
                  Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X