Making $$ off website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making $$ off website

Well .. I am still looking for a quality way to make money. I have looked at getting advertisers, but I haven't found a solid one yet.

I used to be a member on valueclick.com when my website was just Grand AM Power @ GAPOWER.com .. However, I logged back into my account to add my new domain, gmpowertalk.com and it was rejected! I guess since the market is so bad, they aren't offering any new signups.

However, I still do have my gapower.com account and I suppose I can add it on gmpowertalk.com since gapower.com points to it. So, I plan to do that.

But, I'm also looking for a way to generate money off my site. I've looked into the various search box programs and found epilot.com which allows you to put a search box on your site and they pay when your members search for something.

Has anyone ever used epilot.com search box for revenue?
    Jason Miller
    http://www.GMPerformanceTuning.com
    http://projecthillside.com
    http://weekendoasis.net
    http://jamz.net

I had joined too many affiliate program that I lost track...linkshare,commission junction,......etc
    iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

One day I joined a load of affiliates in the hope of getting some cash. However it took me about a year to get rid of all the spam it generated
      Motorsport Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
        One day I joined a load of affiliates in the hope of getting some cash. However it took me about a year to get rid of all the spam it generated
        Now that is funny. Really funny. I know what I'm not going to do....Lol.

Comment

I'm almost about to sign up my first sponsor (just working out the details), and although it won't be very much, it'll be more than I could hope to make from affiliates and non-targetted banners Woo!

*dance of joy*

Comment

What does this sponsor do? Give you money to advertise on your site?
            Board of the Month: November
            Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
            Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
            vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Yep, a flat monthly fee for a micro-button on my forums (hopefully the first of just-a-few-more sponsors).

The sponsor is a label promoting the kind of music my visitors are into, so it's nice targetted advertising

Comment

which means higher click through rate for the sponsor, good stuff
                vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Something I have always felt was ironic, is you have a cute, cudly little avatar, but your site is hardcore heheh

Comment

Well, I'm a bit teddy bear kinda bloke Who just happens to like metal LOL

Comment

I had placed the banner of my partner site..for a small fee
                      iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

Yeah, sponsorship is the way to go although getting a sponsor is much harder.

Comment

I have had people sponsor the forum for a flat rate b4..

However I soon intend to sell products thus my product line will probably be the exclusive sponsor if this goes ahead.
                          www.wannabebig.com
                          www.wannabebigforums.com
                          www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

We are using a combination of paid sponsors, affiliate programs and self-promotion.

Overall the forums make a decent amount of money and could support 1 person at a semi-decent wage. The prices for sponsorships go from $500-$2000 per month and depends on the section sponsored. I have been toying with increasing to seven sponsorship spots instead of 4 and breaking up the $2000 slot to lower amounts in hopes of bringing in sponsors more consistantly.

Our sponsors get a 130 X 28 bioler-plate graphic on index.php, an 720 X 60 rich HTML ad on all forum and thread pages in their section, a 15 line add in our community newsletter and an optional 4 line ad in all outgoing emails from their section (i.e. new post notifications). Each sponsor gets more than 100,000 views with the more expensive slots getting up to 1 Million views in a month.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Wayne, the way you guys work the sponsor/ad thing over at SitePoint is what initially encouraged me to seek out sponsors instead of running random banners from flycast et al. I also like how your ads are relevant to the subject matter of your site, which is something I'm also aiming for

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X