X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IanMFT
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Schreiber

But how do you know email will be their distribution method? What's to keep them from making a deal to go softer on Microsoft with the monopoly case in return for adding this virus into the next version of Windows?
    then linux will become less of a hobby and my new OS of choice.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Wonderful.

-Jordan

Leave a comment:

• Chris Schreiber
    replied
    Originally posted by Stallion
    You'll still have to open an email attachment to be infected.
    But how do you know email will be their distribution method? What's to keep them from making a deal to go softer on Microsoft with the monopoly case in return for adding this virus into the next version of Windows?

Leave a comment:

• Stallion
    replied
    You'll still have to open an email attachment to be infected.

Personally, I don't use anti-virus software and I've NEVER had a single virus problem in over six years -- so this doesn't worry me. Just don't double click executables sent from a .gov email address... ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    No kidding. Next thing you know the script kiddies will have their hands on it abusing it to their heart's content.

Leave a comment:

• orca
    replied
    Well, what was this: Big Brother is watching you. I'mhappy that the Anti-Virus Vendors don't cooperate. Ihope the firewall vendors will do the same... It's ridiculous anyway. It won't help against terrorism.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Re: FBI is Watching: Magic-Lantern Virus

Originally posted by Asendin
    The FBI has admitted that rumors about a government-sponsored virus, which infects computers and records all keystrokes made, are true.

"Magic Lantern reportedly would allow the agency to plant a Trojan horse keystroke logger on a target's PC by sending a computer virus over the Internet, rather than require physical access to the computer as is now the case."

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20...tern_dc_1.html
    oh my god!

Leave a comment:

• Chris Schreiber
    replied
    I think this is absolutely horrible... it's ashame that the terrorist attacks have taken away some of our civil liberties.

I was happy about this:
    Major anti-virus vendors this week said they would not voluntarily cooperate with the FBI and said their products would continue to be updated to detect and prevent viruses, regardless of their origin, unless there was a legal order otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    started a topic FBI is Watching: Magic-Lantern Virus

FBI is Watching: Magic-Lantern Virus

The FBI has admitted that rumors about a government-sponsored virus, which infects computers and records all keystrokes made, are true.

"Magic Lantern reportedly would allow the agency to plant a Trojan horse keystroke logger on a target's PC by sending a computer virus over the Internet, rather than require physical access to the computer as is now the case."

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20...tern_dc_1.html
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X