anyone making a living with vB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone making a living with vB?

Hey, just curious if anyone is able to make their vB sites profitable enough to be their job? I know there are some
    pretty ambitious/talented folks out there. Not that a vB site has to be commerical at all. Just curious....

do i count
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

of course...I think....why is there something that would disqualify you? I thought you might be one, with your big ole network.

So you get to do those full-time? That's fantastic!! Tell me more...

Comment

Well I don't really make money from my forum, but I do make some money from selling vB stuff.
        Not much but enough for me.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Firefly, what do you mean by "selling vb stuff"?

Comment

Why hacks of course.
            (privately though, I've never advertised any of these hacks)

And also services, like upgrading boards and such - although this is less often.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

James and John? I could make a living if i droped my living standards to three pairs of overalls, a u-hall cardboard box, and 486 laptop w/ internet connection
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

that would be sweet if i made a steady income from running my site. *me remembers back 6 years ago when one could make tons of money by manipulating the 'get paid while you're online' services*

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
                  that would be sweet if i made a steady income from running my site. *me remembers back 6 years ago when one could make tons of money by manipulating the 'get paid while you're online' services*
                  on i remember Alladvantage LOL
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                    on i remember Alladvantage LOL
                    Sigh... I never got in on that stuff 'cause I thought they were all scams. Looking back I should've.

One thing I've learned about business (from a successful guy I talked to) is to cross-sell. Make good use of every single one of your members. Don't just leave them at the forum registrations and that's it.
                    Well, there it is.
                    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

i had 280+ Alladvantage referrals before the closed

Comment

I don't make a dime off of my site...but I probably will. I project at least a 15-cent profit in 2002.
                        Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

I never made anything off of my forum. The only thing it brought me was a hosting bill every month. lol

Comment

I get a pretty good income off my sites (one public, one private) but it's not quite enough to live on yet. This may change in the near future though!
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                              i had 280+ Alladvantage referrals before the closed
                              You must've been one p*ssed off member!
                              Well, there it is.
                              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X