Naive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naive

I am new to all this and am probably paranoid. I have this person that has registered now at least twice and has spammed my site, I banned him first off, they continued to visit the site as a guest so I blocked the two different ip's they used. Now that is at least 4 days ago, he continues to come back as a guest. On the "Who's on line" list they show up as viewing index php with bold text above saying "Location Unknown". Do I need to be concerned by this, is he up to no good?

I have blocked more ip's I believe this user is using, but he continues to come back.

Please is there anything to worry about, is this person trying to hack my site?

This is what is showing on "who's online"

"Location Unknown
    "
    "viewing index php"

Comment

Sounds like you have Bots registering with them mauling around in unknown locations. I doubt they are human... If that's the case, don't waste your time banning, you'll be banning bots till the cows come home (forever). Sounds like you need to boost your forums spam prevention to stop them registering in the first place.

Comment

Thanks for you reply, appreciated! I think I may have found the problem, dumb arse me some how when I banned this persons ip's one of them I had put "-" instead of "." between the numbers, I am keen to see if the problem is fixed, thanks once again.

Vin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X