• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when you don't pay programmers

THey do kick ass work

http://tony.murmurs.com/feaksmap/ind...map&acid=world

Unclick "Origin" and click "Go."

Dynamically generated from the vbulletin user table.

Ethan

That's really neat! So, since it was free -- you're going to put it in the hacks forum right?
    Matt
    Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
    Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

WOW! That's one really neat "hack" you've got there

BTW: Are you using InnoDB yet, Ethan?

- TommyBALL
      MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
      A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

Originally posted by MattR
        That's really neat! So, since it was free -- you're going to put it in the hacks forum right?
        Well....I don't know I do want to polish it up a bit, maybe use better maps and different colors. We're still working on it. And since I didn't write it it's up to the guy that did (who is my co-programmer on the rest of the site).

I think we are going to experiment using Flash as well to do this, but GD works rather well too.

EThan

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBALL
          WOW! That's one really neat "hack" you've got there

BTW: Are you using InnoDB yet, Ethan?

- TommyBALL
          Not yet, but we need to switch soon. I was waiting for a few more release iterations before we went to InnoDB. I was planning on doing a db upgrade to the latest MySQL and then starting to move some tables to InnoDB.

Ethan

Comment

The band also digs the map because it almost exactly corresponds to where their records are currently selling

Ethan

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOO.............AHHHHHHHHHHHH.........OOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
              Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
              Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment

all i can say is
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Pretty neat.

Comment

I'm actually waiting for the guy who programmed this to wake up. He lives in Austria so our window of working oppurtunity is very limited.

EThan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X