Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRGTB
    replied
    It's pretty obvious why Google AdSense banned him/her really. "WAREZ", your advertising copyrighted illegal downloads taken from the Newsgroups. Google AdSense own policy states Warez sites are not allowed into the AdSense program, they make that very clear in their TOS. That's why you see all P2P sites serving alternative ads (and not google ads).

Because they can't, otherwise would.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 3 May '10, 7:35pm.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    Here's a hot tip... just don't do illegal crap to begin with, then you don't need to worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
    a grandfather in (i think it was in Florida) was fined THOUSANDS of dollars for mp3's his GRANDDAUGHTER downloaded on a pc he does NOT use, nor did he know what she used the pc for.
    Unfortunately possession is responsible, and the grandfather would be the possessor. "Legally"

The hard side of that is a really good lawyer would have argued state versus state, case versus case and over-turned that quite nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    a grandfather in (i think it was in Florida) was fined THOUSANDS of dollars for mp3's his GRANDDAUGHTER downloaded on a pc he does NOT use, nor did he know what she used the pc for.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Originally posted by anthonyparsons View Post
    That link only refers to Canada... It is illegal in Australia to upload or download illegal / pirated content. Normal users here do get fined, as ISP's pass on those who do it to the authorities, which they must do.
    lol - No it is not legal in the UK "questionable now in 2010" or Australia!! I dont recall saying it was!! I recall saying "Just a note" in reply to persons on page 2 of this thread, assuming it is Worldwide illegal to download music etc!!
    Quote: "Just a note:" It is not illegal to download MP3's and "Movies" for personal use in "Canada"
    Spain is also a Country where it is legal as well..

2007: CANADA: RCMP Tolerates Piracy for Personal Use

Post #36 - Was to clarify the incorrect statements given on page 2 in this thread, by previous posts as noted above. I am not sure as to why we are referring to Australia, or the UK?
    When the offending server is located in Tampa, Florida?
    Did you check to be sure his NOC was not in Canada?? Google seems to suddenly love file sharing ads here!! So, i guess its an issue south of the border!!

Either way, the offending server is located in illegal territory!!

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
    Just a note: "It's illegal to download music & full length movies "MP3s" and "Movies" in the United States". It is not illegal to download any of these in other Countries, including the United States neighbour "Canada" and many European Countries..
    That link only refers to Canada... It is illegal in Australia to upload or download illegal / pirated content. Normal users here do get fined, as ISP's pass on those who do it to the authorities, which they must do.

Leave a comment:

• AlexanderT
    replied
    "Downloading copyrighted music from peer-to-peer networks is legal in Canada, although uploading files is not, Canadian copyright regulators said in a ruling released Friday."
    Also true for Switzerland. They argue that it's the copyright holder's obligation to make sure that the illegal content isn't made available online. A normal user would be overwhelmed and often unable to tell what's legal and what's not to download, or so they argue.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Just a note: "It's illegal to download music & full length movies "MP3s" and "Movies" in the United States". It is not illegal to download any of these in other Countries, including the United States neighbour "Canada" and many European Countries..

Theyre both actually listed as feature downloads in our Bandwidth comparisons!! We pay for these in our HST Taxes on media!

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1025_3-5121479.html

"Downloading copyrighted music from peer-to-peer networks is legal in Canada, although uploading files is not, Canadian copyright regulators said in a ruling released Friday."
    Not true in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    if you want to end up like mininova and the other media shareing sites then by all means keep doing what you are doing.

i was going to have movie downloads at some point, however i was going to make sure any Anime i was going to share had no restrictions on it. i have decided not to share anime movies after all finding the few NOT licenced in the USA is getting harder and harder.

iirc someone mentoned crunchy roll. they have the rights to air anime shows or at least some anime shows they removed a good many anime programs Naruto is one exception and after some serching i found why they can air the show

Viz, the US licensor of Naruto, will be offering streaming viewing of Naruto for free a week after it airs in Japan.

For some small fee, you can pay to see it the same day it airs in Japan over at Crunchyroll

Viz is smart they know sites will air their show(s) so they make a deal with one streaming site. Viz still makes a profit on their shows.
    Last edited by Mike Anime; Sun 2 May '10, 12:46pm.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied

Theyre both actually listed as feature downloads in our Bandwidth comparisons!! We pay for these in our HST Taxes on media!

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1025_3-5121479.html

Leave a comment:

• vijayninel
    replied
    Originally posted by AlexanderT View Post
    Following the discussion of this thread it should be clear by now that whatever triggered Google's decision to remove this user's access to Adsense, it was not due to his upgrade to vB 4.0. Could someone in charge please edit the thread title accordingly, because it is clearly misleading.
    Yes I agree. This thread title is very misleading and made me click it.

Leave a comment:

• AlexanderT
    replied
    Following the discussion of this thread it should be clear by now that whatever triggered Google's decision to remove this user's access to Adsense, it was not due to his upgrade to vB 4.0. Could someone in charge please edit the thread title accordingly, because it is clearly misleading.

Leave a comment:

• funmasti
    replied
    this isnt true.. your website content is not matching with Google's requirement

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by smoggy07 View Post
    they are merely doing what google, ask jeeves, bing and yahoo do every day
    If you can provide one link, from any of those search engines (actually, including Google, since this is what this is all about), that links directly to a working download for pirated material.. then maybe what you say could be true.

Otherwise, you're just defending the copyright violations that these scummy sites make their business from.

Leave a comment:

• smoggy07
    replied
    is google not in violation of its own codes of practice then?

e.g. see this google search: http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=...572cb5e81bf59b

the pirate bay is in that list on the google search above which has a few sites offering movies that are not even in the uk cinemas yet

are they breaking the law? i dont think they are or if they are then the law is turning a blind eye because they know they havent got a case against google because their hotshot legal team would run rings around any justice system that dared to challange the mighty google empire,

taking the above waffle onboard, why has anything http://nzb-forum.com do all of a sudden become illegal?

if anything http://www.nzb-forum.com is in direct competition with google because they both index what is freely availible on the net

Originally posted by anthonyparsons View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here... but you allow users to share commercially licensed music, etc; which is kind off illegal, let alone more than likely a direct contravention of even VB's own licensing policy!!!
    im sorry anthonyparsons but it appears you are indeed wrong as with the Usenet user are not sharing anything, with peer2peer sites however, if i download missy eliots new album and let it seed for other p2p users to download from me, then i am sharing, if i download missy eliots new album from the usenet, there is no need for me to seed it for other users so there for i am not sharing it.

granted someone has uploaded it but this was not http://www.nzb-forum.com and they are not sharing the commercially licensed music with anyone, they are merely doing what google, ask jeeves, bing and yahoo do every day, and the big players do it every day without the fear of prossicution which i think is bang out of order because if the small guy like tpb can be sued for hosting torrents that are linked to illegal copyrighted files and google can provide you with a direct link to the very same album through a one click/download system like rapidshare and not be sued, it just goes to show that those with money to burn have the law on there side and the little man gets an exaple made of him.
    Last edited by smoggy07; Thu 29 Apr '10, 8:06pm.

Leave a comment: