Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you using AddBlockPlus Firefox plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you using AddBlockPlus Firefox plugin?

This is a poll to get an idea of how many people are using Adblock Plus with their Firefox browser.
    Please answer, this is important
    Yes, I have it installed an use all the time
    48.72%
    I have it installed and using sometimes
    15.38%
    I don't have it installed
    30.77%
    I don't use Firefox browser at all
    5.13%

I have it on my desktop at home. But I don't have it enabled all the time. I use it mostly for when an ad is annoying
    Quarrels and Quills - always in need of more members
    RPG Tools

Comment

I just added it to my work PC and my home PC
      should of added it a long time ago
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I am the biggest hypocrite. I use it on some of the sites during work where the connection speed is very slow. But on my forum I also use anti-adblock plus pesterware. :P We got better ad revenue after using the anti-adblock plus pesterware.
        www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

I'm using it every time. Just deactivate it on domains where I admin vBulletin due to a sort of bug with the ad manager

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Don't use it. Advertisements actually don't bother me on websites when used judiciously.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I started using it only a few month ago, just could not take the stupid ads on facebook anymore. Seroiusly those small ads on facebook are so annoying. They try very hard to make them look like they are not the ads but part of facebook interface. This is just so insulting when people try to trick you like that. Anyway, I tolerate banner ads, just never usually click on them, but the Facebook ads pushed me over the edge, so I finally installed adblockplus.

I don't browse without it anymore. Then I started thinking - how often do I normally click on the ads, what is my personal clickthrough rate? I am pretty sure it's not higher than 1 in 1000, meaning I may click on one banner or sponsored link (including Google ads) once in 1000 views.

By the way, adblockplus does not just not show the ads, it does not download any ads, so it makes the pages load much faster if the pages have several banner or adsense ads.

Comment

My main everyday browser is Opera Only use firefox for firebug.
                What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

I find ad block plus especially useful to block animated gif avatars and signature pictures on some forums that allow them.

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
                    My main everyday browser is Opera Only use firefox for firebug.
                    Can I ask why? Dragonfly is so much better than Firebug.

Comment

I have it on one of my computers and not the others. One of them it won't let me install it for some odd reason.

Comment

I have it installed on my mac, since its processor is aging now. Otherwise i tend to live with ads, they really don't bother me 9/10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                          Otherwise i tend to live with ads, they really don't bother me 9/10 times.
                          As long there as there are no popups with winning this and that because I'm the Xth visitor.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
                            As long there as there are no popups with winning this and that because I'm the Xth visitor.
                            Have never experienced a popup in Firefox unless the site ties it into a click. Those are annoying but very rare these days. At least in my browsing experience.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I just use firefox for development , thats why i only have extensions installed related development on firefox.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X