Razasharp

• Razasharp
    replied
    Opera is indeed the best browser

Leave a comment:

• Biker

• Biker
    replied
    I remember the Internet BEFORE browsers. That's when Gopher, Usenet, and FTP were king!

Leave a comment:

• Abomination

• Abomination
    replied
    Originally posted by Biker View Post
    Once AOL purchased the company, it was all downhill from there. That's why Mozilla came out after that. In fact, The Mozilla Project was originally started by Netscape in the late 90's.
    Understood. It reminded me what may be yet to come for other companies, possibly soon.

Leave a comment:

• Biker

• Biker
    replied
    Once AOL purchased the company, it was all downhill from there. That's why Mozilla came out after that. In fact, The Mozilla Project was originally started by Netscape in the late 90's.

Leave a comment:

• Abomination

• Abomination
    replied
    Thought I would put up a pic of IE 1 just for fun, but after poking around on the internet I found this graph of Netscape navigator popularity. I think this graph is incredibly fascinating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netscape_Navigator

Leave a comment:

• Biker

• Biker
    replied
    What? No Seamonkey??? LOL

Leave a comment:

• geiri

• geiri
    replied
    I am cross browser compatible
    Opera > Maxthon > Firefox > IE

In that order

Leave a comment:

• lim (x³-7x²) = ∞

• lim (x³-7x²) = ∞
    replied
    I can agree with article.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB

• MRGTB
    replied
    FireFox here, I use it all the time and hardly ever touch IE8 on windows anymore. It sucks!

Leave a comment:

• Biker

• Biker
    replied
    Chrome does some funny stuff and has been known to trip firewall port flood protection on some servers (mine included). I don't recommend it as a primary browser. Personally, I prefer Opera, but have most browsers installed for those times when I need to troubleshoot.

Leave a comment:

• Protoss

• Protoss
    replied
    Firefox for me. On Windows 7 am running the latest Firefox - Minefield 3.7a5pre and it's fine.
    Opera is bloated and very buggy, more so than most browsers IMO.
    Don't trust Chrome. No choice as to where it installs and it DOES phone home far too often.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz

• Quillz
    replied
    I like the WebKit rendering engine best, so I tend to use either Safari or Chrome. I like the extensions of Firefox, but now that Chrome has extensions, I find myself using Firefox less and less. I find Safari 4 to be a very quick browser, but it's quite limited on Windows. At least on Mac OS X you can use some third-party plugins like Saft and 1Password to make it a bit more useful.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Fire Fox Public R, it has issues, but there few and minor.. It/s fast, skinnable, i find the skins will lag you, and have never found one worth using anyways.. Overall, its the best i have used ..

Leave a comment:

• Lizard King
    Banned

• Lizard King
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    As far as I know they have some sort of firebug for chrome now. I am only considering it on the mac since firefox has been a bit weird and laggy as of late.
    Chrome has a nice integrated debugging tool however still not on the same level with Firebug. I personally use Chrome when i am surfing and use Firefox & Chrome during development. Chrome is way faster compared to Firefox and uses less system resources.

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb

• cbiweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    Opera is the best, using it for years now, before it was firefox, IE is the worst of all beside safari.
    I do like Opera, but the sole reason I'll never use it as my default browser is because it has never - even to this day- correctly rendered a certain piece of code that I wrote years ago. The code is perfectly W3C compliant, works on all other browsers, including as far back as IE5, right up to Chrome's latest, and yet Opera doesn't/won't/can't process it correctly; even in Opera 10.5. That tells me I can't trust it to display my work as I intend it, so even though I use it for testing, it will never be my main choice as long as that piece of code doesn't work.

Yes, I reported it many times, but nothing has ever been done, which is not only sad but completely baffling.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X